Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gents,
I have a quick question to which I hope and trust that you can quickly provide an answer.

1995 Fireblade
I got too horny and did not want to wait for my batter to charge and so i pu in a 1998 GSX-R750 battery. I turned the key and lights lit up. Then pressed the start button after which I heard a 'click' sound come from underneath the passenger seat and power went out, not to be recovered.

What would be the plan of action for me to diagnose/fix the problem?

Thank you very much in advance for your quick insisghts.

Peter

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hello ladies and gents,
I have a quick question to which I hope and trust that you can quickly provide an answer.

1995 Fireblade
I got too horny and did not want to wait for my batter to charge and so i pu in a 1998 GSX-R750 battery. I turned the key and lights lit up. Then pressed the start button after which I heard a 'click' sound come from underneath the passenger seat and power went out, not to be recovered.

What would be the plan of action for me to diagnose/fix the problem?

Thank you very much in advance for your quick insisghts.

Peter
Double check you hooked up the polarity correctly on the battery and replace the 30 amp fuse in the starter relay under your seat. It'll be under the plastic cap.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Double check you hooked up the polarity correctly on the battery and replace the 30 amp fuse in the starter relay under your seat. It'll be under the plastic cap.
Silly problem all fixed!
There turned out to be a contact problem on the battery. Then, I managed to drain the battery twice after charging it fully before I was forced to switch it for a new one. With the new battery, the girl purred after the first start.
Thank you for the help.

So, I am now officially off to the riding season. :rotfl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts