Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend with a 93 blade was wondering if he could use a better pair from a 96 blade, the black/yellow model. They are in good nick apparently but he can't measure them against his. They look the same to me although I believe the part numbers don't match. I'm guessing you people will know if they fit. Can any expert tell me? Incidently they look the same as what's on my 400.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,891 Posts
A friend with a 93 blade was wondering if he could use a better pair from a 96 blade, the black/yellow model. They are in good nick apparently but he can't measure them against his. They look the same to me although I believe the part numbers don't match. I'm guessing you people will know if they fit. Can any expert tell me? Incidently they look the same as what's on my 400.
They have the same outer diameter at 296mm. The difference is the inside diameter and bolt hole spacing. The 93 is 62mm inside (hub) diameter, whereas the 95 and later are 58mm. The 93 rim uses a mechanical speedo drive on that rim, and the 95 and up use an electronic speed sensor not located on the wheel. They will not swap over.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they were in better condition than his higher milage discs. I will inform him of Spaz's recommendation as I recall they are in the UK, hopefully better than the Chinese type.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes they were in better condition than his higher milage discs. I will inform him of Spaz's recommendation as I recall they are in the UK, hopefully better than the Chinese type.
Wales, but don't let that put you off ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts