Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, first have to say love this site theres a lot of good information here and helping people.

i have a 95 fireblade in mint condition. i`m after changing the sprockets and chain so i went -1 at the front and +1 at the back witch is brilliant the acceleration is massive.
what else as in modifications would be worth it doing to?

kn filter is it worth it? and if i change the filter is it worth it rejeting the carbs?

thank you to everyone

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't think you have to rejet the carbs with the K&N filter... It allows slightly more air flow but not enough to justify that... Now if you change over to pods then you'd need a jet kit... But as far as other mods, exhaust would be a top priority then possibly lighting... HID's... Right now, I have a two brothers slipon, stage 3 jet kit and umm... Thats about it... Look in my signature for my mods, more are coming soon...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did the K&N filters on the 900's produce less HP like they did on the 929's?

:plus1: on the exhaust as the next upgrade.
I don't think it will produce less hp unless you don't properly tune it... Meaning if it runs rich, you should produce less horsepower and if it runs lean you'll produce less horsepower... So yea, I'm going to have to take my filter off and check it out...

·
Registered
554 Posts
How much hp are you looking for and how much are you willing to spend? Horsepower ain't cheap, especially for motorcycles. How mechanically inclined are you? If you can do most of the work yourself, a piston kit is money well spent. Some cams, flatslide carbs, racecut tranny, mild port work...maybe a lil spray.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The cheap and easy extra horsepower mod is jet kit and a very good airfilter and exhaust...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to everyone for your replys and your help. the suggestions are very good, i suppose with time i get everything done. i suppose i should start with the exhaust. the previous owner of the bike got her dyno tested, a couple years ago, she was 9500mls, she have now 16000mls, she wouldnt be much different today would she?

thanks again for all the good advice

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Both, basically pods in the airbox wouldn't really so anything while the pods without the airbox would work wonders...

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you can get your hands on a Vance & Hines PowerPak, they are worth every penny you pay for it. A few years ago we dynoed a buddy's 94RR and you wouldn't believe the difference in the graphs (we had it on dragrace setting). Peak hp only changed a couple hp, but the midrange curve was awesome. It pulled like a mule to 11K then flatlined to rev limiter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts