Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, it's me again the new RR owner. Any idea where I can get a 1997 CBR 900 RR owners manual, the one that should come with the bike. The present reason for asking is that i'm trying to get the recommended tire sizes for frant and rear, at present the bike came with a metzler rear 180/55/zr 17, while the front is a Donlop 130/70/zr 16. Any sites that might give good advice on the matter? or any of you have any info? or advice.

Congo.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Congo said:
Hi guys, it's me again the new RR owner. Any idea where I can get a 1997 CBR 900 RR owners manual, the one that should come with the bike. The present reason for asking is that i'm trying to get the recommended tire sizes for frant and rear, at present the bike came with a metzler rear 180/55/zr 17, while the front is a Donlop 130/70/zr 16. Any sites that might give good advice on the matter? or any of you have any info? or advice.

Congo.

That is the stock tire sizes

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Congo said:

Congo.
You can look up the proper sizes on Ron Ayers parts fiche.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok I have a 97 CBR900rr, I put about 3 to 3.5 k mils or more, on it each year. I dont do stunts, or race, or burn outs. thats just pure driving. so I am looking for the best tires for this bike at the lowest cost, with a high rate of use. any one got any ideas of a good brand that wont brake the bank.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
ok I have a 97 CBR900rr, I put about 3 to 3.5 k mils or more, on it each year. I dont do stunts, or race, or burn outs. thats just pure driving. so I am looking for the best tires for this bike at the lowest cost, with a high rate of use. any one got any ideas of a good brand that wont brake the bank.
3.5k miles per year is pretty low, I would imagine almost any tyre should last that long.

Use a sport touring tyre on the back if you want something longer lasting than a sports tyre.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts