Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help/advice on why my 95' 900rr won't start.. It started a couple weeks ago just fine. Then I changed the Plugs, oil, cleaned the carbs, and changed the battery because I had to push start it till I got a new one. It cranks over just won't start. I don't think it's getting any fuel. The fuel pump works. But I switched te lines on the pump and tried to start it because I thought I put them on wrong. And I think that may be the reason why it won't start. Maybe flooded it? But then bled the floater bowls. And tried again. Got nothing. help!!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I need some help/advice on why my 95' 900rr won't start.. It started a couple weeks ago just fine. Then I changed the Plugs, oil, cleaned the carbs, and changed the battery because I had to push start it till I got a new one. It cranks over just won't start. I don't think it's getting any fuel. The fuel pump works. But I switched te lines on the pump and tried to start it because I thought I put them on wrong. And I think that may be the reason why it won't start. Maybe flooded it? But then bled the floater bowls. And tried again. Got nothing. help!!!!
Double check all of the vacuum routing. you might have forgot something when attaching the carbs. It is also possible you got a bad battery (even though it's "new"). What is the voltage of the battery, and did you charge it on a trickle charger for a full 8 hours?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I tried seeing if the pump is good or bad already. The Pump is good. I disconnected the pump and tried the gravity fuel system and it started up. But it's running like crap. I think it might be a vacuum line. But Could a vacuum line affect the fuel Pump?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The battery is brand new and I did trickle charge for eight hours, could possibly be the wrong battery also then. But I went to a bike shop and they got me the battery.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks for the help. I tried seeing if the pump is good or bad already. The Pump is good. I disconnected the pump and tried the gravity fuel system and it started up. But it's running like crap. I think it might be a vacuum line. But Could a vacuum line affect the fuel Pump?
If it started up using the gravity fuel system then your problem is most likely fuel and not the battery.

I would pull the carbs again and clean the piss outta the jets. If the pilot jets get clogged the bike will run like a turd. My bike ran like crap and was knocking until I cleaned the jets. You can use guitar string or electrical 16 gauge wire to clean the jets, along with compressed air. Also tripple check the vac hoses, the bike won't run well if one is disconnected.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I found my problem, I am missing the valve Assembly that connects to the end of the two lines connected to my carbs I think they are vacuum lines. And they need the valve assembly to run right. It mounts on to the air cleaner box. I've been riding it like this for awhile and have just always wondered why it will run rough at idle around 1000 rpm to about 750 rpm it just goes back and forth. I am going to try to start it with the fuel pump on 1 more time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think I found my problem, I am missing the valve Assembly that connects to the end of the two lines connected to my carbs I think they are vacuum lines. And they need the valve assembly to run right. It mounts on to the air cleaner box. I've been riding it like this for awhile and have just always wondered why it will run rough at idle around 1000 rpm to about 750 rpm it just goes back and forth. I am going to try to start it with the fuel pump on 1 more time.
Yes missing vac lines can cause idle problems. There should be a vac line chart on the intake box I believe. Looks like a maze lol, but it helps. I still think it's a jet issue. Clogged jets/carbs will cause TONS of problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to pull the carbs and check them again. But I just cleaned them. Just going to check carbs first then vac lines. And I will look for that diagram today haha. But before I do all that I was thinking it could be idler adjustment. It's staying below 1000rpm but no lower than 700rpm so I'm was thinking it could be that just haven't gotten the chance to see because I'm at work. But if that is not the problem I'll recheck carbs and lines. Thanks for the help everyone!!!!!:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to pull the carbs and check them again. But I just cleaned them. Just going to check carbs first then vac lines. And I will look for that diagram today haha. But before I do all that I was thinking it could be idler adjustment. It's staying below 1000rpm but no lower than 700rpm so I'm was thinking it could be that just haven't gotten the chance to see because I'm at work. But if that is not the problem I'll recheck carbs and lines. Thanks for the help everyone!!!!!:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
also when the engine is at normal operating temperature you can adjust the idle a little with the idle screw.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts