Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Will a 97 900RR engine fit into a 600RR frame? :hmm: I have a 99 900RR motor but no bike to put it in. Thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts
That would be one hell of a project! But Im sure its possible with extensive labor and fabrication. I would just find a 900rr frame and go from there.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Check local motorcycle wrecking yards for a 900rr bike that you can fix up, maybe put your 900rr engine into it if needed. I called my local bike wrecker about 6 months ago and he said he had a complete 900rr he would sell me for $1000. It needed some work but it was all there. You may even be able to work out a trade for your engine towards another bike from the wrecker.

The 900rr engine is going to be wider than a 600rr engine. so making it fit may be a real pain in the butt.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey,
I put that 900RR motor in trunk of my 91 civic. Its not to heavy its my motor.
Thanks for the help!
So, are you saying that you installed the 900rr engine to use as the powerplant for your civic? :eek: Or just that you went and picked the engine up in your civic?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went and picked the engine up in my civic? Nope not putting in as a powerplant for a civic, that would be to much work. I have not decided what to do with the extra motor yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The mounts just need to be fabricated and welded prefereably to the frame. My friends uncle blew up his 600 motor in his F3 and replace with a 900. I would assume similar changes would need to be done, but he had it up in a week. No sure how many people went back for an older motor that a frame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how about the opposite i have a 95 cbr 900rr but cant find a motor for it. but i have found a 95 600rr motor for $560.00 witch is in my price range lol can any one help me figure out if the 600rr can bolt up to the 900rr frame they are the same year it would help me out a lot thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought I would have blown up that 97 900 by now, but nope, still runs great! and I still have a extra motor. Best bike I ever had!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts