Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Honda CBR900RR in a 750lb formula car called a Jedi. I am looking to turbo the engine and really don't know where to start. As of now the engine is stock. I would like to bore it out and replace the neccessary internals making it reliable to run off the turbo. My team mate is running a stock busa in his car and my goal is to have similar if not more power. Any help would be great....

·
Registered
8 Posts
i would sell it and get a hayabusa or zx14 motor. that would be a lot easier and you might even spend less. just my 2 C

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I remember correctly, my buddy's car with the busa has a bit longer frame so I would need some major mods.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
try the pm now, and about how it drives....

When I first drove it the only thing I could compare it to is having a rocketship strapped to ure a$$. And for handeling- It's like a video game, the car will go where ever you want. Although now I find myself rocking back and forward coming out of the turns wanting more power. Funny how fast becomes slow with experience

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
if the busa engine won't fit then consider the newer fireblade engines. you see them go pretty cheap from time to time.

great project btw :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have talked it over with my team and we really want to stay with this engine. So if anyone could help me out with the orignal post of where to go for a turbo and such that would be great. Oh and thanks for all the compliments!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts