Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have a 1999 rrx blade and the fairings have been sprayed by a knobhead and the job is awful.

I basically have two options.

1. Respray all in black and have a slightly crappy paintjob but at least not in a stupid colour. (will need new top fairing as current one is slightly damaged
2. Find panels to replace with all in one colour scheme.

What im asking is if im sourcing replacement panels do they have to be from a 1999 bike? will other years fit?

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
The RRW and RRX are the same, except for colour changes so RRW panels will fit OK. As for panels from earlier models, I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Some panels from earlier models might require minor modifications to the brackets, if I am not mistaken. Sorry, can't remember which of the panels are identical all years.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Cheers guys

Im quite interested if the earlier panels fit, do they look different?
I know that earlier rear panels will fit, but they look different--the taillights, vents, etc. I'm fairly certain that the earlier fronts/sides will fit as well, but may require some minor mods. I saw a very nicely-done '94 with '99 bodywork on it recently...

·
Registered
12 Posts
earlier blade seat panels will fit the rrx but you will have to swap the passenger seat as it is not the same shape you will also have to swap the panel that holds the lock for the underseat storage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts