Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search, found nothing. I've been messing around with my 96 900RR's suspension, and it seems really hit and miss...How do I set the bike up for "me"? Like, static sag, and loaded sag, rebound rates, etc...Where does one find this info? I found the stock suspension to be really tune-able, but am a lil lost...this bike sees lots of mid-speed corners ~90k/h, some wheelies, and alot of commuting...But, I'd take a poor riding commute to have her grip good in the corners....

·
Registered
240 Posts
PS94 said:
Did a search, found nothing. I've been messing around with my 96 900RR's suspension, and it seems really hit and miss...How do I set the bike up for "me"? Like, static sag, and loaded sag, rebound rates, etc...Where does one find this info? I found the stock suspension to be really tune-able, but am a lil lost...this bike sees lots of mid-speed corners ~90k/h, some wheelies, and alot of commuting...But, I'd take a poor riding commute to have her grip good in the corners....
try racetech.com they have a pretty good article on static sag setup

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi PS94,

I don't know what search you did but there's heaps of info here in the org on setting up your suspension. If you look further down this board you'll find a thread I started last year not long after I got my 929 and was struggling to get it sorted out to suit me - it's called "Suspension Set-up". While my waffling through the thread might not be too much help (especially given my bike is a few years younger than yours and I'm not sure exactly what adjustability you've got on the '96 Blade) there are some really great links in there that some of the guys have given me - the Sport Rider info is a good source, as is the Go Star Racing site...in fact both sites have whole sections available on setting suspension sag and the like.

Good luck, Spanky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts