Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bike parked for a while and the speedo did work but It doesent work anymore, anyone have any idea why it just stopped working

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Surely they're not still running cable drive?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have same problem but it cant be the fuse cause the speedo comes back on when it feels like it then cuts out again. maybe there is grime on the sensor? I dont know where that is but:huh:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
In the 929/954 the speed sensor is in the top of the gearbox.
It's inside so dirt is unlikely to be the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm having the same issue now with my CBR954RR. Has anyone solved this issue yet? All I have found online is that some people have the error. I also have the FI light come on only after the speedometer goes to 0 MPH. Any resolutions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sorted out the problem on mine. it was the sensor on the gearbox. The new one was about 100 bucks i think. I've attached the page of the manual with the speedo troubleshooting (sorry, it wouldnt let me attach the whole thing). I attached wiring diagram too, it always comes in handy. Good luck with ya tinkerin,:thumb:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks! This does help a lot! If you have the entire manual and are willing to share it then I would love to get a hold of one. Use Dropbox - Home - Secure backup, sync and sharing made easy. to upload the PDF to the "public" folder then copy the link and post it on here. It will then let me download it directly from their server. I really appriciate your help!:)
Have you tried searching the web?
There are dozens of places already hosting illegal copies of the manuals.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks! This does help a lot! If you have the entire manual and are willing to share it then I would love to get a hold of one. Use Dropbox - Home - Secure backup, sync and sharing made easy. to upload the PDF to the "public" folder then copy the link and post it on here. It will then let me download it directly from their server. I really appriciate your help!:)
Actually, I just realised you're the same guy that's asking $600 for an OEM 954 muffler and midpipe...and yet you won't spend $40 on a legal copy of the manual?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts