Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

I've done a quick search on the forum to no avail, apologies if this has been asked before.

Can anyone tell me what my options are for fitting an aftermarket end can on a 1998 900rr-W without the need to re-jet, please. I've read Micron or possibly Remus is the way to go, but my understanding is the 'race cans' which seem to be available would require a change to fueling. ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
171 Posts
Check out the Quill T3 range. They specify no rejetting required. A mate had one on a ZX9 without issues.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Evening,

I've done a quick search on the forum to no avail, apologies if this has been asked before.

Can anyone tell me what my options are for fitting an aftermarket end can on a 1998 900rr-W without the need to re-jet, please. I've read Micron or possibly Remus is the way to go, but my understanding is the 'race cans' which seem to be available would require a change to fueling. ?

Thanks in advance

Most aftermarket exhaust "cans" require a stage 1 jet kit. The 900rr loves an aftermarket exhaust can and a stage 1 jet kit. It's not hard to do at all, just follow the very detailed instructions it comes with. Your 900 will love you for it!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
... fitting an aftermarket end can on a 1998 900rr-W without the need to re-jet ...
If it does not require re-jetting it is making no difference in performance. So why the bejeezuz are you wasting your time with it? If you just want noise, add a boom box to the rear seat.

·
Registered
596 Posts
If it does not require re-jetting it is making no difference in performance. So why the bejeezuz are you wasting your time with it? If you just want noise, add a boom box to the rear seat.
because the stock can is retarded looking and sounding? :rolleyes:

I have a Hindle can on my 99, stock jets, bike runs fine. you aren't really required to re-jet, it just changes how the bike runs, usually unnoticeable unless you are putting a whole race exhaust on or drastically change the intake somehow. ideally yes, jet it to work with any changes you've made, but with something like just swapping cans for a better sound i wouldn't worry about it. go for it, get your bike to sound the way you like.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
In theory your bike will run a little lean if you put a new can on it that flows better than stock. However, a new can in itself is not likely going to affect performance or A/F ratio enough to be any harm. I would recommend the jet kit to actually gain performance to go with the new sound, but it isn't "required".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts