Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started doing a search, but haven't come up with any good results yet. So, I'm asking.

I've got a '98 900RR with a dented stock front rim. The F3 17" won't bolt right up on the '98/'99 apparently, and the F4 requires a little machine work. What about a 929 or 954 front rim? Anything else?

It should be $70 to get my 16" rim straightened out. And I need a new front tire anyways. So if there is a time to make a switch, now seems like the time.

-Rob

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I think on the 98-99 RR you have to use a 95-98 F3 Front wheel, EBC Prolite Rotors Part number: 1012 or equivalent.

Have your stock 900RR spacers replicated, making the replicas 2mm longer on each side. you should be able to get that done at a good machine shop.

95-97 model RR's are different than the 98-99's as you know.

I have never done this though, just read about it. I had a friend looking to do it before he got rid of his RR.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MPate helped me out with how to do it with an F4 wheel. He said the F3 & its rotors won't clear the forks (or something along those lines- I don't have his message in front of me at the moment). With the F4 wheel, I have to shave .1" off each side where the rotors bolt on, and then a .1" and .09" wider spacer. So we're at roughly $100 now, vs the $70 or less to just get my stock wheel straightened out.

What about the 929? Does it have a compatible wheel? I really haven't check one out up close. My friend has a 954, and if I remember correctly, it's got inverted forks. So I'm thinking that lessens my chances of compatibility with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts