Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it just started stupid,
riding on bike show 100 km away, get fueled (both) and on getting home struggled to get over 220KM/h in5th gear. Next day hometown ride lost power no matter how turn gas, then 1 cyl die, then twin sounded, then nothing. Thought that i've run out of fuel. After app.20min started and went home. after that, only 3 cyl are here and in exhaust - light explosion from time to time.
PANIC! similar happened to me when it was cold, low temp (- something C). But then was pretty loud exposion. Oh, left two pipes are bit colder then right. Somethimes earlier when engine starts to hick-up when accelerating it just swallow and pull strong-hard to hold it:) . But that were times:idunno:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I was down one cylinder a while back. It turned out to be just a loose connection. I would check the plugs, connections, injectors.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Do you have a 929RR or 900RR? I only ask because i'm not positive with you being in another country than I. Models get introduced at different times from Honda.

If it's a carbureted engine you may need to have the carbs cleaned up. If it sat with old fuel for more than a month you'll need to drain the tank and clean out the fuel system completely. Check your airbox inside for obstructions or dirty air filter. Change your fuel filter because it's easy and inexpensive. Use a voltmeter to test the spark plug wires and ignition coils. Getting a spark at the plug is not a professional way to test spark btw. Use a voltmeter as per Honda specification. Also use the multimeter tester to check the resistance of the coil wires coming from the ECU up to the coils. It's one of those problems more than likely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
bike is CBR 900RR 1999. engine is SC3E carburator type 919ccm. tried to start engine without airbox& air filter, without fuel filter, fuel from bottle. thing is that whan i disconnecting plugs wires from plugs only 1st cyl doesn't changing sound. Unusual is that i have drained carbs-unscrew under and let fuel out. this morning i've hopped that things will be better. (Jesus helps?) But again nothing good, and again dirt in carbs fuel, like dust .
Is there dirt generator? :crying:

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
You Serbians are crazy lol. I know i worked with one. well that was just one guy.

You have two choices ( or three if you choose to take it to a shop ). Check all the electrical system and possibly find that everything is ok, then you know it's the carbs being dirty inside. Or rebuild the carbs and then try out how the bike performs. If the carbs cleaning/rebuilding doesn't fix it then it's in the electrical system.

·
Registered
534 Posts
again, feel the pipe to see what cyl. are not firing, then go to your plug on that cyl. check it for fouling or poor spark.
possible bad connect to plug or a bad plug,
then go to carbs for possible contamination.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts