Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with 905's Race Armor or HIDs on a 929rr?

I bought some HIDs for my car and love them, and am considering buying some for the bike, but I wanted to see if anyone else has and how the light output is. I know its not a projector housing and will have glare, but does it provide a lot more useable light than the regular bulbs?

I also wanted to get some more protection for my 929 than the sliders that I currently have on it. I was looking at 905's race rails, but I can't find a good picture online of them on a 929 and how well they work. Any input is appreciated on both topics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
HEY. I DONT HAVE ANY EXPIERIENCE WITH THE HID'S BUT I DO PLAN ON INSTALLING SOME ON MY 929. AS FOR THE CAGE, 905 HAS A REALLY STRONG CAGE BUT ITS VERY BULKY, YOU WILL DEFINATELY SMASH YOUR SHINS ON IT. THEY BASICALLY BOLT ON TO SIDES OF THE BIKE USING BOTH ORIGINAL MOTOR MOUNT BOLTS AND PROVIDED BOLTS. THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER CAGE MANUFACTURERS OUT THESE DAYS WITH DIFFERENT STYLES, LIKE FREESTYLE INGINUITYS AND STUNTWORX, HOPE THIS HELPED, GOOD LUCK!

·
Banned
645 Posts
I got a kit off ebay for my old bike a 6000k. On my 900 i am going to the 8000k. It's easy to install and costs around 120 just get one with at least a year of warranty. I never had a glare problem, they looked killer with no dead spots.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i have HID on my 929 and if you want my opinion dont go with the "kits" they sell since they are not real HID and are not DOT approved. there is not such a thing like 6000k or 10000k, those number are the bulb temperature that gives them a different color. how many bmw,cadillacs,lexus etc have you seen with purple HID? let me guess...none. on the other side, you will need a projector with you HID, why? cuz the light that the bulb emits needs to be properly distributed/blocked in order to give you a nice cut beam. you dont see a car with HID's just with the bulbs themselfs, do you? they always come with the projector. so after the small lecture my best opinion is that you hit ebay and buy a stock HID coming from a car (like bmw, cadi, lexus etc) and install it on the bike. as for the light output is almost like riding in the day yup is that bright. if you decide to go ahead and follow my opinion, i can give you directions on how to "retrofit" your bike with real HID.

·
Banned
163 Posts
Here's just a word of warning. When I bought my 929 the previous owner put in 100w bulbs, H7 style. This melted the insulator/spacer. Don't go over 70w and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's just a word of warning. When I bought my 929 the previous owner put in 100w bulbs, H7 style. This melted the insulator/spacer. Don't go over 70w and you'll be OK.
Most available HID bulbs are only 35 watts. They take less energy, just more energy to power up.

·
Banned
645 Posts
i have HID on my 929 and if you want my opinion dont go with the "kits" they sell since they are not real HID and are not DOT approved. there is not such a thing like 6000k or 10000k, those number are the bulb temperature that gives them a different color. how many bmw,cadillacs,lexus etc have you seen with purple HID? let me guess...none. on the other side, you will need a projector with you HID, why? cuz the light that the bulb emits needs to be properly distributed/blocked in order to give you a nice cut beam. you dont see a car with HID's just with the bulbs themselfs, do you? they always come with the projector. so after the small lecture my best opinion is that you hit ebay and buy a stock HID coming from a car (like bmw, cadi, lexus etc) and install it on the bike. as for the light output is almost like riding in the day yup is that bright. if you decide to go ahead and follow my opinion, i can give you directions on how to "retrofit" your bike with real HID.
Well you can say what you want but the HID kit I got off of ebay and just put into the bikes housing looked great. Maybe it blinded some cars but I do not care. Maybe then they can see bikes. No blind spots no problems. When it comes down to it buy what you want don't listen to others. And yes there is suck a thing as 6000k and so on. Yes it is the temp of the gas in the bulb. But is still the same bulb. You contradicted your self. But yea If you want em buy em.

·
Registered
335 Posts
yeah u are right, there is the 6k and so on but not on stock, thats what i meant. with all due respect i think you're way wrong when u say that you dont care about blinding other drivers and i'll tell you why, my cuz installed a HID kit on his bike and the night after he installed it, he blinded a cop car and after the cops gave him a 400 ticket the cop explained to him that last week a bike caused a crash cuz he blinded a compact car. so i think is so careless if you say that you dont mind blinding other drivers. i agree with you when u say no matter what other people says, if he wants to buy it go ahead i was just giving my 2c.

·
Banned
645 Posts
Huh well that is something to think about then. On the bike I had them installed on had a different type of housing(a sv650 single round headlight). So maybe others would be diff. But my idea of blinding wouldn't be that bad(just kinda like the stock hids do, but surly not causing a wreck)But I agree to do it right would be the best route, and im sure would have more light output.:cheers:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to go off topic, but I am not really looking for the info anymore... :crying:

I had a Crescent Crown beer truck decided to pull a U-turn in front of me today - he was on the shoulder, pulled across two lanes and attempted to go other direction. Unfortunately, he didn't see me before he decided to turn. I am alright, besides minor bruises and skin loss, but my fireblade is no more...

Attachments

·
Banned
645 Posts
Man glad ur ok. Now was he at fault, and they buyin u a new bike? Since it was a big company they will prob give u more $$$ to keep it quit, they don't like bad pr.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I'm alright. I didn't go to the hospital, my knee is pretty banged up though. I haven't talked to any company representative yet, any advice? It was the driver's fault, the police cited him with an unsafe left turn. This was my first major accident in any vehicle. How should I go about getting $$ for a new blade?

·
Registered
335 Posts
man that sucks, glad ur ok. go talk to the co. and tell them that maybe both parties can get to an agreement without going thru the court process im sure they will give you more money. good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
sorry about your blade glade your ok. Same thing happend to me last year an old guy pulled u-turn infront of me no turn signal and he didn't even notice me High beam was on and my bike is pretty loud and he thinks it's my fault =[

1 - 18 of 18 Posts