Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 06 919 about a year ago and recently decided to get new slip-ons. after looking around I heard that Sato and Moriwaki were some really good ones for the 919. the only problem is i cant find any place that sells them, even Sato's own website wouldnt give me a secific place to buy (i heard they stopped making them for the 919). So my question first of all is, are both of these pipes good for the 919 as far as sound and preformance goes. And second, has anyone here done this swap and recomend it and know where to buy them. thanks for reading

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought a set of Titanium DELKEVIC cans came with great adapter pipes with chrome shields on them. They were cheap ($700 AUD for pair) but they look awesome and sound even better and they are 4-5kgs lighter then the standard ones. Ive uploaded a photo of the big girl!

Does anyone know someone who makes headers for a CB919(in Aus Hornet 900 cb900f)??

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have heard the best bet for a header-type exhaust is a late model 900rr pipe, which will adapt to the 9'er well. I had mine modified by lopping off the single pipe and resonating chamber, replacing it with two 1.388" stainless tubes from each pair of down pipes at a local rod shop. Haven't changed the cans yet, but am looking at the MIVV X-cones.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thats the option i was looking at aswell. So your system is off 1998 fireblade but shortened to 4 into 2 and then up to standard pipes? How did you go fitting the twin larger pipes where the 'Y' pipe goes thorugh the swing arm? Any problems? Any chance of posting a pic? id really like to see how you set up the headers. That 'Y' pipe has a tiny diameter and i reckon once thats opened up will make huge difference plus my Titanium cans which have made a small difference already.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Red hornet - Sorry to be so long answering you, but my work has me out and about a lot. I don't have a photo of the exhaust mod, but will try to get you one soon. Also, I've done a mod to the airbox intake that bypasses the snorkel that holds the flapper. It directs airflow almost directly into the throat of the air filter. Again, a photo as soon as I can.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I still think unless you are going for the look and not just sound you should try the removing the baffle from the stock pipes. Its practically free and it produces a really good exhaust note. And if you dont like the sound you aren;t out much more than the cost of a hole saw and a file and you can still always get a fancy expensive aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The MIVV and Sato cans look great. I have an 07 919 and went with the 1998 CBR 900 header and a Scorpion Street Extreme Can (was designed for an 04-05 Kawasaki ZX 10). It sounds great and it ran great last summer, but I added a PCIII USB about a week ago. Had some deceleration popping if I really tried w/o the PCIII. Let the bike warm up in the garage and couldn't get it to pop with the PCIII. Haven't been out on the road yet cuz up here by Lake Erie it's to stinkin' cold and snowy right now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Teamz. Had the tab cut at a local shop, then had to cut it down to fit. Got the idea from Maryland Mike over at ******************

1 - 11 of 11 Posts