Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Wondering if any one can help or suggest anything to help me
I have a 99 blade(919) the bike runs like the wind but it has started to develop a miss at mid range almost like its not getting enough fuel then when the revs go above 7000rpm she comes to life again, Almost every-time i shift up or down the bike has a loss in power for a second or 2 and then gets life again. I have taken my can off, if i put the can back on it make no difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Currently have no exhaust on the bike(straight pipe) but even if I bolt the exhaust back on the issue remains the same. I think it is a fuelling issue, i am hoping someone might have had this same issue and can suggest a possible solution.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you pull the choke while it's having the problem, does it go away?

Chances are the bike needs to be re-jetted and is running lean.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Initially it did go away when i pulled out the choke yes, i tried it again on the last ride and the choke made no difference. the bike pops like crazy on de-acceleration

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked Plugs last night and looks very lean, I am going to add a small washer to the mane needle, this addresses the fuel from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle, maybe this will sort out my issues, but for now i noticed my fuel is not shutting off in the carbs and has now leaked into my oil...grrr

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Checked Plugs last night and looks very lean, I am going to add a small washer to the mane needle, this addresses the fuel from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle, maybe this will sort out my issues, but for now i noticed my fuel is not shutting off in the carbs and has now leaked into my oil...grrr
You need to address the needles/seats leaking while you're in there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed, i have cleaned and polished the needles and seats a few times already ,very frustrating, might just need to get new ones

·
Registered
456 Posts
If the floats are leaking chances are there's dirt on the seat of the needle valve. I'd pull them off and at least take the bowls off and clean everything with carb cleaner. It'll also make it easier to adjust the needle jet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice, I am so sick of cleaning my carbs already, but just had tank lined so the carbs are pretty much spotless but will take your advice and just clean them out anyway. thanks man

·
Registered
456 Posts
Maybe add in a fuel filter if you don't have one.

If you do take them apart, inspect the seats on the needle valves very closely for pitting. If you find any I'd replace them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am actually running 2 filters at the moment(is this overkill?) i will check the seats out very carefully as you advised...many thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so turns out that the blade does not like any forced air, i took of the snorkels. I have since added back the snorkels and fixed a few air leaks on the barb boots. much better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts