Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All ..
I`m new to the forum ,and new to a 929 blade so I could do with some info please ...
This is the 4th blade I have owned, RRT, RRV, RRW, models , but this is the first Fi blade .....
Basically I will be using the bike for the odd road blast and track days so I am looking at adding some extras , like steering damper /power commander/ track fairings and changing the rear shock and the front fork internals ...

I read somewhere on here that a member had a 929 , then bought a 954 , he said that most of the extras he had bought fro the 929 fitted the 954 , does anyone know what can be used lets say from a 954 to the 929 ??...

Cheers Rob

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi robbie.111,

Yep, I had a 929 and moved to a 954 (following an unfortunate incident involving a bus...:O ).

I took all the good bits off my 929 and shifted them onto my 954 no problem. The rear shock (WP4618), LSL steering damper, PC3-USB all bolted straight on. The PC3 requires a little manual cutting and pasting of values when loading new maps etc because the 929 unit only covers a rev range up to 12,500RPM (from memory) where as the 954 unit goes up to 13 or 13,500RPM...why ?, for racing application I suppose - but for track days and on the road our 11,500 red line isn't bothered by this limitation.

Rear sets, exhaust pipes and cans are all interchangeable, as are front springs, oil filters, brake pads, sprockets, handle bars, wheels, etc...

Happy hunting !

Cheers, Spanky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Spanky ..

Thanks mate for your info , thats good to know ...
So I guess that if I find a power commander for a 954 it should then fit my 929 with a little tweak at the values as you said ...

Just need to find some goodies now !!

Cheers mate
Rob ...........:eyebrows:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've read you can fit a 954 swinging arm to a 929 but not sure why you'ld want to. if there's a good reason I'd like to know and might well do it to mine! The 929 PC3 increase the rev limit anyway, but not sue about using a 954 one, but then I got a 2nd hand 929 one for OK price (Damn those C&E people though!!).

Welcome to the forum - another brit! :D

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
most of the people fit the 954 swingarm to the 929 to take care of the uneven swingarm on the 929 and it's already set up for spools whereas you'll have to drill and tap the 929 swingarm or tig weld an application on to set it up for spools....as far as the performance gains, I don't know yet...I've been told that there is a lil bit of one but I can't say for sure.....I have a 954 swingarm sitting in my garage waiting to be cleaned and put on my 929 at the moment although I probably won't get to it till this winter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies guys ........

One more thing please, I already have a spare back wheel but now need a front ! (wanna put slicks on for track day use)

Is the 929/954 the only honda front wheel that will fit the bike ?? , or will maybe the cbr 600 front wheel fit ??

Cheers
Rob ................

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm not sure...you could check Ron Ayers Motorsports - Motorcycle, ATV, Jet Ski and Generators Parts and Accessories and take a look at the microfiche to check part numbers - but unless the wheels look exactly the same (you know three spoke etc) then they'll have a different part number...what you really need are the vital statistics - hub width, disc carrier sizes, spacer requirements etc - and I can't help you there sorry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Spanky ..
Thanks for the info mate , I had a look but it doesn`t give a part number for the wheel !! , everything else has a number but not the wheel ...
Hopefully someone on here might be able to put me right on what other wheels (if any) will also fit the RRY ..

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: 929-954 interchangable bits ?, 954 swinging arm !

Hi guys ..

Reference the 954 swinging arm , has anyone done the change as I have bought a swinging arm from a 954 and want to fit to my 929 ???

Cheers
Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts