Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... crazy thing... a detective called me and asked if my 929 was stolen... i sold it 4 years ago and the guy never put it in his name... they did a raid and found it in a garage missing the frame... anyways im going to go get it but im wondering will a 954 frame fit on a 929 or will a 929 swing arm fit on my 954 (only cause my old 929 has a 12" extended swingarm on it)? anyone have a 929 frame for sale real cheap? thanks...

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
yes you can swap the frame and swingarms however you like. if you do the frame I think you have to use the the same airbox/tank, ie a 954 frame needs a 954 airbox and tank.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
ok... crazy thing... a detective called me and asked if my 929 was stolen... i sold it 4 years ago and the guy never put it in his name... they did a raid and found it in a garage missing the frame... anyways im going to go get it but im wondering will a 954 frame fit on a 929 or will a 929 swing arm fit on my 954 (only cause my old 929 has a 12" extended swingarm on it)? anyone have a 929 frame for sale real cheap? thanks...
Yes, either frame will fit.
If you sold it though, why are you getting it back?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
it was my favorite bike but i sold it to get a proven track winner... now i can get it back... its like... destiny... ha ha lol
No, I meant why is it being returned to you if you passed ownership on to somebody else? Doesn't it belong to that owner?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I meant why is it being returned to you if you passed ownership on to somebody else? Doesn't it belong to that owner?
they never registered it... they were raided for a drug raid... its still in my name... their stupidity. they are gonna be locked up for a while so its either auction it off or i pay and get it back.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
they never registered it... they were raided for a drug raid... its still in my name... their stupidity. they are gonna be locked up for a while so its either auction it off or i pay and get it back.
That's makes sense now if you're buying it back.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
If it has no frame how was it traced back to you?
From what I read in another thread, if it hasn't been registered for four years does that mean you'll have to pay those years rego to be able to licence it again?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it has no frame how was it traced back to you?
From what I read in another thread, if it hasn't been registered for four years does that mean you'll have to pay those years rego to be able to licence it again?
not sure if ill have to pay to reregister it... it has the plate on it still thats how they got ahold of me. it will come with a lien paper from the tow yard but with no frame??? so... i plan on using it for the drag strip only but if the frame i get has a title i will register it using it. it had a clean title when i sold it but now with no frame??? i dont know how it will work.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
not sure if ill have to pay to reregister it... it has the plate on it still thats how they got ahold of me. it will come with a lien paper from the tow yard but with no frame??? so... i plan on using it for the drag strip only but if the frame i get has a title i will register it using it. it had a clean title when i sold it but now with no frame??? i dont know how it will work.
As long as you get it cheap enough it probably doesn't matter :)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
it was my favorite bike but i sold it to get a proven track winner... now i can get it back... its like... destiny... ha ha lol
:rotfl: That is destiny! She's coming back home. Are you excited to get her back?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:rotfl: That is destiny! She's coming back home. Are you excited to get her back?
man you DONT even know!!! ive been kicking my self in the a$$ ever since i seen it dive away :crying: even my girl keeps saying you should of never sold it... and now... :rotfl: ... im freaking out man.....

·
Registered
152 Posts
ok, recap.

You sold your bike (to an unknown drug dealer), left the plate on it (WTF?!!!!), he gets popped 4 years later, and because he was rolling dirty with your old plate and never registered/titled in his name, you get it back?

SO this law obiding citizen was such a good guy that he never managed to get popped speeding or anything in those 4 years?

Yes, I agree. Destiny.

How many miles did he ride it since you sold it to him??? I could see if it were a couple hundred.

That would make sense.

Well, hell, where are the pics!!

Lets see her!!! No frame but plate still attached!!! lmao

One for the ages,
Ivan

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ok, recap.

You sold your bike (to an unknown drug dealer), left the plate on it (WTF?!!!!), he gets popped 4 years later, and because he was rolling dirty with your old plate and never registered/titled in his name, you get it back?

SO this law obiding citizen was such a good guy that he never managed to get popped speeding or anything in those 4 years?

Yes, I agree. Destiny.

How many miles did he ride it since you sold it to him??? I could see if it were a couple hundred.

That would make sense.

Well, hell, where are the pics!!

Lets see her!!! No frame but plate still attached!!! lmao

One for the ages,
Ivan
here she is... 00 929 hooked up.jpg
this was how she looked... i will pick her back up friday...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts