Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night my 2001 929 was almost stolen. I live in a apartment and I have a single car port that is enclosed by 3 walls. I have my 929 on the right side of the wall and my Harley Davidson Softail Deuce right behind it and my wifes car was in the car port. My Harley has the factory alarm and I added the optional siren. I had the 929 covered up and the steering locked. Around 1230 am the alarm on my harley sounds. I jumped out of bed and ran outside and no one was there, but my 929 bike cover is on the ground and upon further inspection I found the wiring harness to the left of the head lamp (looking from the front of the bike to the rear) pulled down from the fairing below the headlamp disconnected. I started investigating, when I went to turn the bike on and when I did there was no electrical power. Once I reconnected the wiring harness power was restored. I believe they were in the final process of getting ready to move the 929 and they needed to move the harley to get the 929 out of the car port. I am glad I spent the additional money and purchased the optional siren for the Harley. The Harley saved my 929 from being stolen. I am going to install the Scorpio SR-i500 on the 929. I consider myself very fortunate to still be in possesion of my 929.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Grunt said:
Last night my 2001 929 was almost stolen. I live in a apartment and I have a single car port that is enclosed by 3 walls. I have my 929 on the right side of the wall and my Harley Davidson Softail Deuce right behind it and my wifes car was in the car port. My Harley has the factory alarm and I added the optional siren. I had the 929 covered up and the steering locked. Around 1230 am the alarm on my harley sounds. I jumped out of bed and ran outside and no one was there, but my 929 bike cover is on the ground and upon further inspection I found the wiring harness to the left of the head lamp (looking from the front of the bike to the rear) pulled down from the fairing below the headlamp disconnected. I started investigating, when I went to turn the bike on and when I did there was no electrical power. Once I reconnected the wiring harness power was restored. I believe they were in the fianl process of getting ready to move the 929 and they needed to move the harley to get the 929 out of the car port. I am glad I spent the additional money and purchased the optional siren for the Harley. The Harley saved my 929 from being stolen. I am going to install the Scorpio SR-i500 on the 929. I consider myself very fortunate to still be in possesion of my 929.
Had my first 929 stolen on new years day 2002. Apartment carport, U-lock in the rear, stearing lock on, car T-boned in front of it blocking it in. I got the keys to my new house that day and new years eve, vowed that I would put the bike in my new garage first thing. Never had the chance. I am pretty sure it was a set up by the people in the apartment complex. They found it 3 months later after I already had my second bike. It was crashed, spray painted all over including engine, frame, etc. All VIN's chiseled off except the HUGE one on the side of the frame...morons. All that for a 3 months joy ride. Poor bike.

-Shrub

·
Registered
122 Posts
Grunt said:
Last night my 2001 929 was almost stolen. I live in a apartment and I have a single car port that is enclosed by 3 walls. I have my 929 on the right side of the wall and my Harley Davidson Softail Deuce right behind it and my wifes car was in the car port. My Harley has the factory alarm and I added the optional siren. I had the 929 covered up and the steering locked. Around 1230 am the alarm on my harley sounds. I jumped out of bed and ran outside and no one was there, but my 929 bike cover is on the ground and upon further inspection I found the wiring harness to the left of the head lamp (looking from the front of the bike to the rear) pulled down from the fairing below the headlamp disconnected. I started investigating, when I went to turn the bike on and when I did there was no electrical power. Once I reconnected the wiring harness power was restored. I believe they were in the fianl process of getting ready to move the 929 and they needed to move the harley to get the 929 out of the car port. I am glad I spent the additional money and purchased the optional siren for the Harley. The Harley saved my 929 from being stolen. I am going to install the Scorpio SR-i500 on the 929. I consider myself very fortunate to still be in possesion of my 929.
Sorry to hear about that.. but atleast the theifs had good taste and left the Harley :rotfl:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Glad to hear you still have your bike! My brothers GSXR got stolen from in front of my moms apartment. And he said he knew it was a bad idea to leave it there but did it anyway!!! IDIOT!! :rant:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Good for you grunt. Glad to hear those dickheads probably got the shit scared out of them when that siren went off. :clap:

Post some pics of the Deuce!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
That's one way to make user of the Harley.... I'm surprised nothing else fell off when the alarm went off. *ducks!*

JOKING dude, I bet you it still feels crap having your stuff touched though.

Get a garage built.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Grunt said:
Last night my 2001 929 was almost stolen. I live in a apartment and I have a single car port that is enclosed by 3 walls. I have my 929 on the right side of the wall and my Harley Davidson Softail Deuce right behind it and my wifes car was in the car port. My Harley has the factory alarm and I added the optional siren. I had the 929 covered up and the steering locked. Around 1230 am the alarm on my harley sounds. I jumped out of bed and ran outside and no one was there, but my 929 bike cover is on the ground and upon further inspection I found the wiring harness to the left of the head lamp (looking from the front of the bike to the rear) pulled down from the fairing below the headlamp disconnected. I started investigating, when I went to turn the bike on and when I did there was no electrical power. Once I reconnected the wiring harness power was restored. I believe they were in the final process of getting ready to move the 929 and they needed to move the harley to get the 929 out of the car port. I am glad I spent the additional money and purchased the optional siren for the Harley. The Harley saved my 929 from being stolen. I am going to install the Scorpio SR-i500 on the 929. I consider myself very fortunate to still be in possesion of my 929.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: get a pit bull

·
Registered
7 Posts
Grunt said:
A buddy of mine who owns a Harley once said to me" if you don't want your Harley stolen, just throw a Honda cover over it" Bastards. Glad to hear the Harley or boat anchor was good for something .Bloody thieves are everywhere these days. :rant:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
klittlekdawg said:
A buddy of mine who owns a Harley once said to me" if you don't want your Harley stolen, just throw a Honda cover over it" Bastards. Glad to hear the Harley or boat anchor was good for something .Bloody thieves are everywhere these days. :rant:
OK, off the topic just a little, but this reminded me of a concert. Imagine thousands of stoners/drinkers/party animals at a Judas Priest concert. The lights go down and everyone starts cheering, then there's an amplified Harley exhaust, revving over and over. The crowd's going freaking crazy! Then, Rob Halford rides this Harley on the stage, the crowd's going even more bonkers, :clap: wait a minute, :eek: THAT'S NOT A HARLEY - IT'S A HONDA! :eek:
I was laughing soo hard at the conused bewildered look on these heavy metal Harley fans as they squinted over and over to verify it said Honda. :eek: :rotfl: LMFAO!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Good things being said about a Harley huh...who would have thought...

Glad to hear you still got you bike... I'm thinking you need a sniper rifle on a tripod pointed at the car port with the night vision scope (just my thoughts)

Superdave: Nice flashback :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts