Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a totally stock 929 - standard can, airbox flapper, exhaust valve etc. What's the best thing to do first to improve performance? Aftermarket can?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Th flapper mod is th most economical since it doesn't cost to remove th parts. A power commander would b th first thing to buy. It improves response at low rpms.

·
Registered
437 Posts
change the gearing before spending hundreds. -1 tooth on front sprocket or or try +2 teeth on rear or both, will give much more acceleration but higher revs. Doing either will also give lower down pulling power (torque) you can then change the other sprocket as well. It is cheap to do and easily removed if not wanted. It will affect your speedo & mileometer though.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I have a totally stock 929 - standard can, airbox flapper, exhaust valve etc. What's the best thing to do first to improve performance? Aftermarket can?

15 tooth front sprocket.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
That's what Speedohealers are for :thumb:

Hmmm...Speedohealers are more for the people that can't do some simple math in their head actually ;-)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Hmmm...Speedohealers are more for the people that can't do some simple math in their head actually ;-)
Not really. I ran 1-/+2 on my F4i for some time, which put the speedo way out of whack. What's the point in having an inaccurate speedo, as well as adding lots more miles to the odometer than you've actually covered?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Not really. I ran 1-/+2 on my F4i for some time, which put the speedo way out of whack. What's the point in having an inaccurate speedo, as well as adding lots more miles to the odometer than you've actually covered?

The speedo is inaccurate whether you alter your gearing or not, a speedohealer doesn't make it any more accurate, it just gives you a different number to look at.
The mileage is irrelevant other than making your maintenance intervals a little shorter - not a bad thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts