Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 929 blade.
The HISS light is staying on when the ignition is turned on and the bike wont start ?
I cant remember if the light should go out before the bike will start ?
Can anyone help.
Also fuel pump does not prime ?
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Check the HISS sensor circuit is intact.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I have a 2000 929 blade.
The HISS light is staying on when the ignition is turned on and the bike wont start ?
I cant remember if the light should go out before the bike will start ?
Can anyone help.
Also fuel pump does not prime ?
Cheers
When I turn my key, the chip inside the key "connects" to the sensor (the surround around your ignition barrel which has HISS written on it). This is what starts the sequence off.

As Blade said, check the wiring as if the connection is not being made, it will not allow for the fuel pump to prime.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
When I turn my key, the chip inside the key "connects" to the sensor (the surround around your ignition barrel which has HISS written on it). This is what starts the sequence off.
Actually, you don't even need to put the key in the ignition to trigger the HISS sensor.
I have my coded key cable-tied to the sensor which is mounted under the tank to keep it safe. I use a standard key copy to operate the ignition.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Actually, you don't even need to put the key in the ignition to trigger the HISS sensor.
I have my coded key cable-tied to the sensor which is mounted under the tank to keep it safe. I use a standard key copy to operate the ignition.
Ok ok my mistake. All you need is the chip to be near the sensor for it to pick it up. :rotfl:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

As Blade said, check the wiring as if the connection is not being made, it will not allow for the fuel pump to prime.
So the light should go ouy then before the pump starts to kick in ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts