Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
No problem... Sorry my answer was so short but it was Friday @ 5:00.

Honda pretty much re-designed the whole bike, a few things will work from 929 to 954 and vice-a-versa. Wheels and rotors will work and I understand that a 954 engine will work in a 929 if you use the 954's throttle bodies. There are people here who have also installed the 954's swingarm on a 929. The forks will interchange, the rear shock may, though they mount differently (the 954's has an extra bit that mounts to the top of the shock before it mounts to the bike)... Other than that I know of no other parts that are interchangeable (probably some other bits like bolts, levers and possibly case covers on the engine). The tank is different, the 954's hinges in the rear allowing easier access to the air filter/T.B.'s. To accommodate this luxury on the 954 the sub-frame is different, heck... the seat bolts to the sub-frame differently from 929 to 954. All of these differences make using a tailsection from one bike to the other impractical.

But... Before I get flamed... There are certain to be other parts that are interchangeable, just sharing the things that I have noted on my bikes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ratter said:
to make a sleeper :idunno:
Decals would do the same thing, at first glance I doubt people would notice a difference in body work if there was a big sliver/flashy CBR929RR sticker on the tank. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts