Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to all this, maybe an easy question for you but what chain length do I need for my 929 if ive gone down a tooth at the front and up one at the back, should be standard right? is that 108 links? and can anyone recommend a good'n?
Also will I need to buy something extra to correct the speedo readout? if so what?
Thanks and merry xmas!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I always guy the DID ERV-3 520 in 120 link, as i can set it up how i want, and thats what my dealer stocks. Not sure if there is much diff in price ...

Speedo healer is way to go.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I always guy the DID ERV-3 520 in 120 link, as i can set it up how i want, and thats what my dealer stocks. Not sure if there is much diff in price ...

Speedo healer is way to go.
But for a 520 chain you also need 520 sprockets :)

Reactions: Dangerous Des

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello, new to all this, maybe an easy question for you but what chain length do I need for my 929 if ive gone down a tooth at the front and up one at the back, should be standard right? is that 108 links? and can anyone recommend a good'n?
Also will I need to buy something extra to correct the speedo readout? if so what?
Thanks and merry xmas!
-1/+1 will use the stock chain length.
I think it's 108 links but I just cut it to suit without trying to count the links.
I also run the DID ERV3 on everything but you need 520 sprockets for it.
Your speedo will read higher but it's up to you whether you want to buy something to recalibrate it. I've never bothered. Speedohealer is probably the best.

·
Registered
272 Posts
But for a 520 chain you also need 520 sprockets :)
I thought they stopped making 525 and 530 back in 1986 ??? :)

Seriously tho, with metalurgy the way it is, anytime one needs to do chains, and since they shoul be matched from new anyways, is always a great time to go 520.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I thought they stopped making 525 and 530 back in 1986 ??? :)
They only started making 525 in the mid nineties I think :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Interestingly Ducati's run 525 chains and 520's on the smaller ones.
My '98 ZX6R and '98 GSXR750 both came with 525 chains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts