Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Edit: Skip what I said..just read the next by post cowboy.
I'm not sure what in the hell I was thinking of....wrong tabs, they have nothing to do with the vertical adjustment.

not very easily. I think you might be able to remove/grid the 'pins or tabs' that stick out of the stock clips and fit into some holes in the forks. I would just buy some aftermarket clipons. I have vortex on mine (50mm for 929/954)....I love them. but they are not for the daily commutter or typical street rider.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
You have to drop the forks a few inches in the triple clamps to get the clip-ons up high enough to clear the clip that holds them up. Remove the clip, reinstall the forks in the clamps, then you can lower the clip-ons a little (no lower than where the diameter of the tubes is reduced.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does everyone usually lower or raise the clip-ons on the 929? I feel as if my sits to high.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I feel the footrests are in a very comfortable position for hwy riding. Only thing I do not like is the rubber on the top of the footrests which indicates a touring type bike & to me under wet conditions the foot can slip off compared to decent footrests with all metal & some teeth up for traction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I lowered my stock clip-ons on my 954 for track use. The locator pin does not sit inside the triple clamps (undernieth). The pinch bolts are strong enough to keep the bars in place.
I initially wanted to replace the bars with vortex or similiar clip-ons because I thought they would be stronger and less expensive to fix in case of a crash. 2 years and 6 crashes later, I'm still using the same bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts