Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch actuator arm managed to mangle itself beyond recognition. It was bad enough that I couldn't get the actuator out without damaging the case, so I ebay'd a new side cover and actuator arm. I can't figure out how the darn thing works though, am I missing a piece or something :confused:

The new side cover/actuator (can't really see in there but it's in good shape)

The clutch push rod

And I found this little guy at the back of the old cover, behind the actuator. It's not in particularly nice shape. The new cover did not have one of these in it.

When I put it together, the clutch does not work. I can't figure out how it would, unless I'm missing a part or something. Anyone know? The FSM isn't particularly helpful...

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
My clutch actuator arm managed to mangle itself beyond recognition. It was bad enough that I couldn't get the actuator out without damaging the case, so I ebay'd a new side cover and actuator arm. I can't figure out how the darn thing works though, am I missing a piece or something :confused:

The new side cover/actuator (can't really see in there but it's in good shape)

The clutch push rod

And I found this little guy at the back of the old cover, behind the actuator. It's not in particularly nice shape. The new cover did not have one of these in it.

When I put it together, the clutch does not work. I can't figure out how it would, unless I'm missing a part or something. Anyone know? The FSM isn't particularly helpful...

The push rod looks like it's come apart.
That piece you found looks like the end of the push rod.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohhhh that would make sense. So I take it the actuator actually pulls that rod out to disengage the clutch then? Meaning I'll have to take off the clutch to get it out?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ohhhh that would make sense. So I take it the actuator actually pulls that rod out to disengage the clutch then? Meaning I'll have to take off the clutch to get it out?
Yes, the fingers on the end of the clutch actuator in the cover slot into the end of the rod.
You have to remove the pressure plate (five bolts and springs) but not the clutch. Be very careful not to over-tighten the bolts as you can easily break the posts off the hub.
Ronayers.com Microfiche Honda>Motorcycle>2003>CBR900RR>CLUTCH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts