Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've just fitted some stubby levers to my Blade and now need to adjust the clutch cable at the clutch end - it's pretty much at maximum at the lever. Do I really need to take the whole side fairing off to do the adjustment? Really can't be arsed to do that!

Am I best to have the lever end as tight as I can and then adjust at clutch to give more freeplay?

Also the screw at the lever end looks strange - is the thread supposed to taper nearer the end of the screw? It looks as if some of the thread is broken - I'll take a photo and upload it.

Cheers

Alex

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've just fitted some stubby levers to my Blade and now need to adjust the clutch cable at the clutch end - it's pretty much at maximum at the lever. Do I really need to take the whole side fairing off to do the adjustment? Really can't be arsed to do that!

Am I best to have the lever end as tight as I can and then adjust at clutch to give more freeplay?

Also the screw at the lever end looks strange - is the thread supposed to taper nearer the end of the screw? It looks as if some of the thread is broken - I'll take a photo and upload it.

Cheers

Alex

Back off the handlebar adjuster then take up most of the play at the bottom adjuster. Then use the top adjuster to fine tune the feel.
Do you need to adjust it because the clutch is not fully disengaging, or because the lever is too close to the bar?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
If you need to start adjusting the cable that much, it might be worth investing in another. Nothing worse than having to ride home through stop-start traffic with a snapped cable.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back off the handlebar adjuster then take up most of the play at the bottom adjuster. Then use the top adjuster to fine tune the feel.
Do you need to adjust it because the clutch is not fully disengaging, or because the lever is too close to the bar?
Ok thanks - do I need to take off the whole right fairing to do this? or will loosing some of the bolts give me enough access?

Actually I can get the lever far enough away from the bar but the clutch engages too soon. Also I suspect it's not fully disengaging as when I blip the throttle with the clutch pulled in the bike jumps!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ok thanks - do I need to take off the whole right fairing to do this? or will loosing some of the bolts give me enough access?

Actually I can get the lever far enough away from the bar but the clutch engages too soon. Also I suspect it's not fully disengaging as when I blip the throttle with the clutch pulled in the bike jumps!

No idea, I haven't had OEM fairings on my for ten years.
Is the lever adjustable?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i've just adjusted it up at the clutch end and it seems better - was actually a pretty painless job. It's at the maximum now at the clutch end though so I can't really do any more adjustment. I think i'll order a new cable as it does seem very stiff! Wheres the best place to buy a new cable? local honda dealer?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Honda dealer is probably easiest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts