Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had this seat sitting around for quite some time.

Anyone interested in a Corbin seat for their 929?

It's obviously black with the black weld, and carbon fx pattern (?)
(For now, check here for pics)

I don't have pictures this minute, but I can grab the digital camera this weekend and snap some off.

The seat is in great condition, no rips, no tears, no real sign of extended use.

I'll even ship it in it's original Corbin box (a little marketing ploy LOL ).

Let me know if your interested. I only access Fireblades from work, so be patient if you reply over the weekend.

I think I paid $200 for it, I'm firm at $125 + shipping. I expect shipping to be around $15 - $20 depending on where obviously (US only).

I only accept money orders/cashier checks. You send it, and when I receive it, I ship the seat out.

I've sold several things on this site and have gotten great feedback. I ship things I sell insured and usually with confirmation signature and tracking.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 929 Corbin seat for sale $125.00

HondaGalToo said:
Aw, sorry to hear you broke your leg. :( Heal quickly!
Aw, Thanks! And I'm also a new member of the titanium club. :(

But it's getting better, slowly. [sigh]

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Hey Thanks buddy! Yea, just trying to get rid of stuff that's just laying around.

and a free bump too, how about that! :thumb:

New price is now $170.00 :D

(Just kidding)

Real Edit - I'm getting off work, I'll reply to any pm's or threads on Monday. Later.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That would be a pretty darn good deal! But no, it's just the front seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Alright... you may have no idea the answer to this one, but would it fit on a 900rr? how about a 954?

·
Registered
26 Posts

Bummer.... I'm working on fitting a 954tail to my 900rr and this would have looked sweet.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Still have that seat for sale? I'm seriously looking for one.

2 questions:

1: How tall or you (and how long is your inseam?) I know these seats are tailored to certain heights, and I've heard that getting the wrong size can dig into your upper thigh. If we're about the same size that would be less of a risk.

2: You mentioned it's black - that means it has the black welts along the sides? Have you (or anyone else reading this) heard of those welts getting uncomfortable, digging into the thigh, particularly when standing over the bike, like at a stoplight?

I'm a serious buyer, and I'm hoping to make a decision real quick. If you can help me out, we might be able to do something here.

--- D

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Duster929 said:
Still have that seat for sale? I'm seriously looking for one.

2 questions:

1: How tall or you (and how long is your inseam?) I know these seats are tailored to certain heights, and I've heard that getting the wrong size can dig into your upper thigh. If we're about the same size that would be less of a risk.

2: You mentioned it's black - that means it has the black welts along the sides? Have you (or anyone else reading this) heard of those welts getting uncomfortable, digging into the thigh, particularly when standing over the bike, like at a stoplight?

I'm a serious buyer, and I'm hoping to make a decision real quick. If you can help me out, we might be able to do something here.

--- D
I'm 5'9" - 5'10", blond, I enjoy walks in the park... :rotfl: . Lets see, my inseam is 32-34. Now, your asking someone who is selling, so here comes all the perfect answers. :D I haven't had any problems comfort wise. I'm sure you've read other threads. The Corbin sets you back, takes care of any sliding around, etc. I used it one track day and although you kind of have to lift yourself over the sides to lean off, it wasn't bad at all (especially in full tuck position). The seat is perfect for getting tucked behind the windscreen because it's easier to scoot back and the seat lowers you versus the stock one. I also haven't had any issues while stopped, referencing the sides against your legs. It is a very comfortable seat for a sport bike. There could be more padding but that would raise you back up, the Corbin has sort of pan that you're rear sits down into.

It is black (carbon fx design) with black welts.

Read the Corbin threads and judge for yourself, some love them and some hate them, but for $125 it'll make your 929 more comfortable for those long runs. I may end up selling all my after market parts, still haven't ridden and it may be time to move on to something else. Let me check my PC, I'm sure I've got some pics somewhere (damn I lazy).

·
Registered
254 Posts

That's great. I like sunsets, rainy nights, and labrador retrievers. But I digress. :)

With regards to the seat. Yeah, I've heard good & bad about the replacement seats, but I think it'll be worth a try. Anything has to be better than the stock seat for anything more than an hour in the saddle. If it doesn't make an improvement, I'll just sell it again.

How old is the seat? How much use has it seen?

Last thing - is there any reason your post says (US only)? I live in Toronto - I imagine it might cost a couple bucks more to ship to here, but it shouldn't be that different. Or am I wrong about that?

So, send me or post some pics. I'd have to be able to see some good pics of the seat before forking over the dough.

Hopefully we can come to an agreement.

Later.

--- D

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I think the seat is 3 years old? I purchased it at the Motorcyle Show in Cleveland. I will post some pictures, that's only fair to potential buyers.

The only reason I posted US only is because I haven't had any experience selling anything outside the US, and quite frankly, I'm clueless to how exchange rates work and how expensive shipping is, etc. :crap: :idunno: I'm just a dumb country boy LOL.

Any other questions, just pm me.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Sorry to keep keeping this thread alive, I'm really not this desperate. :D

Just updated (finally) with pics. BTW, thanks Conq for opening up the attachment restriction, I appreciate it!

Duster929 has first dibs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.