Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the 929 and 954 cylinder cases the same except for the 954's bored 1mm further?

im thinking of building a turbo motor and if the 929 cylinders are thicker it will be the better choice

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
are the 929 and 954 cylinder cases the same except for the 954's bored 1mm further?

im thinking of building a turbo motor and if the 929 cylinders are thicker it will be the better choice
I think they are the same OD but have never been able to confirm it for sure. I have a 954 opened up if you have an open 929 we can compare.
If you're turboing it though, I wouldn't waste your money boring and replating as the extra 50cc is going to have a minimal effect when you add the turbo.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they are the same OD but have never been able to confirm it for sure. I have a 954 opened up if you have an open 929 we can compare.
If you're turboing it though, I wouldn't waste your money boring and replating as the extra 50cc is going to have a minimal effect when you add the turbo.

they wont be bored any, id just like to have the added insurance of a thicker cyl wall if im going to be increasing cylinder pressure quite a bit ( almost 1 bar)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
they wont be bored any, id just like to have the added insurance of a thicker cyl wall if im going to be increasing cylinder pressure quite a bit ( almost 1 bar)
I don't think there's much difference in strength as I've seen heaps more turboed 954's than 929's. Actually, I can only recall ever seeing one 929 turbo.

Reactions: gsxrfxr

·
Registered
547 Posts
i have a 929 apart let me know how to check it so we can compare and keep it noted for future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts