Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got by bike back from the shop. the guy did a super job on the bike.

the base line was around 121 with the new spark plugs and air filter already installed. final score 128 ish

it was tuned by Rhom performance in yuba city CA on a 250i dynojet. I havent had much time to ride it as I just got home bit it feels smooth. the lower graph was after some of the mid range had already been tuned so thats why they are similar up to 95 or so. the baseline dyno was actualy 119 but it didn't compair well since it was in a differant gear.

929 dyno.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup just a 2 bros m5 slip on and the pc3. brand new air filter and ngk plugs too but they where in before the base line

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Right on. I finally decided to buy a power commander as well, should be here any day. For the time being, im just gonna try various maps from the site, and then maybe get it custom later in the summer.

Ride it and give some feedback on throttle response!

·
Registered
111 Posts
How far is that shop from me I'm Fontana,Ca above the California speed way. i have a 929rr with a full Akrapolvich and a K&N new plugs, and a Pc3, what are his prices like!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well he is up north of sacramento so probably a little far for you but he charges 275 for a full tune and he is very thurough.

so far I am digging the throttle response. it is smoother than before.

after the tune and the new sprocket though the bars are getting uber light in 2nd under accel. I imagine it might come up if I whacked it hard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stan that is a nice dyno sheet what all do you have done to the bike. Mine only hit 137hp with a full arata race system and a k&n I know i lost power to that but oh well lol. Mine was done at EDR performance in Portland Or great power and smooth throttle

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
stan, 140hp max?? What mods have you done to your bike?
Just a Leo Vince slip on, pc3 and ignition module
Honestly I want try to do another run on another dyno because I have some doubt on that dyno sheet.
It’s customized map but the guy “made a mistake and deleted” the first run sheet so I can’t compare the difference between before and after tune.
The bike seem quite the same as original so I have some doubt about the honesty of 140hp, but I can tell that on track on straight I overtake supposed-more powerful bike such as 07 blades,07 r1…
Hope to post the new dyno sheet within a month

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got a nice 150 mile mountian ride out of it yeasterday and man its much smoother than before. the tyhrottle response alone was worth it.

I did notise that under 100 mph it dosn't really pull much on a new 600rr. I'm sure as speeds rise higher though I pull a lot more.

the motor feels very good and I'm happy with my tune. just need to get that 55 aspect rear tire and i'm good to go.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Burton there is a guy in the Redmond area that will do custom maps for $150. He's on a 5th wheel dyno (dynojet 200) and does good work. My 929 is going to him soon to have it custom done..

I'm guessing he'll get it where I can put down 135ish.. I'm putting down 129 now with a custom two bros map (but I've got a Leo Vince bolt on now, but no maps are on dynojet so I'm running this one until I see this guy), K&N, and then PCIII...

Let me know if ya want his contact info...

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Thats awesome, thanks for the thought. I contacted I-90 motorsports in Sammamish and they charge $345!

If you dont mind, shoot me that contact and let me know how your tune goes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'll let ya know. Dude has been doing tuning on cars/bikes for a while.. He wanted to break out and make a name for himself, so he got this and from waht I hear is ligit as hell. $150 for a map is ****en cheap!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Burton there is a guy in the Redmond area that will do custom maps for $150. He's on a 5th wheel dyno (dynojet 200) and does good work. My 929 is going to him soon to have it custom done..

I'm guessing he'll get it where I can put down 135ish.. I'm putting down 129 now with a custom two bros map (but I've got a Leo Vince bolt on now, but no maps are on dynojet so I'm running this one until I see this guy), K&N, and then PCIII...

Let me know if ya want his contact info...
Might be worth taking a new OEM or BMC filter with you to see if the K&N is costing you power and if so how much.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just ran mine at a dyno day a couple weeks ago and I got 127...

That's with an Arata full system, BMC filter, IGK plugs (pretty new), and a map that was given to me for the Arata by someone with a similar setup. I'm really hoping that after I have a custom map made, it will be somewhere around 135-140 ish.

Triple,
It sounds like you and I are running a similar setup, so I'm hoping I get somewhere around your numbers after a custom tune. Right now it's so effin hot down here in Texas, and the humidity is killer!!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I just ran mine at a dyno day a couple weeks ago and I got 127...

That's with an Arata full system, BMC filter, IGK plugs (pretty new), and a map that was given to me for the Arata by someone with a similar setup. I'm really hoping that after I have a custom map made, it will be somewhere around 135-140 ish.
A custom map is not going to give you 8-13hp unless your current map is a real mess. A custom map is more about smoothing the curve so you can better use the power you have. I'd be surprised to see more than 2-3% just from custom mapping. 140hp is not wildely out of the ballpark though so maybe your current map really is poor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts