Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
ok, I got a few hours of sunshine and we experienced a heatwave, it got up to 25 F. :) So i pulled off the rear tail plastic just to show how I did mine.

I want to thank babisgr for the idea and the groundwork.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice mod, I am going to try this on my 900rr, tired of shutting off and pulling key to open the rear seat.
Or, leaving your key in the lock for a couple of hours while you are at the
mall.:idunno:

BTW, the kit comes with a plastic tube that you can route the cable through. That is what i did to run it throught the rear sub-frame to get a straight shot on the latch. I used a zip tie on each side of the frame tube where the cable guide was to keep it from moving.

I actually have more pictures but i have reached my limit and I dont know how to work around that. :huh: How DO you guys post so many pictures anyway?

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeller929-

I think i found the one you used in an ebay auction:

eBay Motors: ELECTRIC POWER TRUNK RELEASE SOLENOID ACTUATOR 522T (item 320324582857 end time Feb-09-09 10:18:42 PST)

Does it seem strong enough to open it easily? They list the one you have in your picture as a 15lb. They also have a 45lb. I just dont want to get one that is too weak as I have a undertail mod that moved the lock mechanism. And the slider is harder to move as a result.
That looks exactly like mine. I didnt use anything except the solenoid, the cable and the housing. I dont know how strong mine is. It opens it just right. Once you get it just right it will open it every time. Coincidently I just put the bike back together after all that and I need to adjust the rear seat again because it doesn't pop open unless you pull up a little but you can fix that easily. By slider do you mean the latch piece? Unless its rubbing on something or it's really gunked up it should be strong enough to open it.Thats cheap too! I paid $27.oo at a local install shop.
It's a great mod. Thanks again babisgr!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
i did it (thanks man for such a nice mod) it came out really nice, how ever i didnt followed the wiring he suggested, instead, i took the power from the taillight and bridged the ground with the switch which is placed on top of the cluster for minimum use of wire. you can get the actuator from any place where alarms are installed/sold and its around 15 bucks so cheap.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is definitely on my ultimate list of things to do. In the mean-time I settled for a D.I.Y. relocation of the key lock to underneath the fender. An hour's worth of time and a couple of trial-and-error bending of the release tab were all it cost me.

J

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just read this and clicked the buy it now on 2 kits for my 954's This is awesome. I would like to thank babisgr for the best low cost mod I have found.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts