Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys I have a 01 929 with a 954 engine. I got it off a guy local as a bike in a box guess he didnt want to finish it. Anyways I had a friend put the engine back together and all. Got it running today. Runs good shifting is a little harsh but the problem is when i lean the bike to the right side(only the right) it starts making a clacking noise and when i lean it over a little more it jumped into gear. Now keep in mind the motor is running perfect so maybe this is gotta be in the trans??? Help please....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ok guys just tried leaning it to the right when started and in gear with the clutch pulled in. there is no niose then. dunno if this helps. also before we put it all back together we checked to see if any dogs were worn they looked good and the shift forks looked fine. Since it only does it in neutral would it be ok to ride it???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone told me it could be that the **** detent is not properly aligned, does this sound right?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds like you'll have to get behind the clutch and check the operation of the gearshift.. I'm guessing that while in neutral the gearshift drum could be forced to turn into gear by the weight of the gears/shiftforks and vibrations when you lean the bike, IF the stopper mechanism isn't keeping the drum from rotating. So I'd look there first.. is the stopper fully and firmly engaging the neutral "groove" on the drum? Just guessing, I'm sure someone else here could make a more informed guess..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts