Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
iv just got hold of a fmf powercore s rear can, i was told it would fit the standed down pipes .. :rolleyes:

problem im having is getting the cone out the end of the pipe..
see pics.. :idunno:

any help..:huh: or do i have to replace the stock pipes.. :rant:

thanxs chaps :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
My Micron slip-on did exactly what it was supposed to do...slip-on. Didn't have to modify anything, maybe the person who sold it to you didn't know which bike it was supposed to fit. I have never heard anyone having to cut the cone off!!

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
a lot of bolt ons for the 929/954 require cutting the cone off. there's nothing wrong with your pipe. hack away and bolt it up. think of it as weight reduction.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a lot of bolt ons for the 929/954 require cutting the cone off. there's nothing wrong with your pipe. hack away and bolt it up. think of it as weight reduction.

iv just got back in, from hacking away..:evilaugh:

one nice looking and a very sweet sounding bike now.. :thumb:

just fitted a new screen to.. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
what bolt-ons require that the cone be cut????, Ive had blue flame, jardine, and yosh but the didnt require it. I like to try different pipes, sfpecially cheap from ebay. thinkin yanashiki next.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
the erion bolt on didn't need to have the cone cut off. i ran it like that. afterwards i did cut it off and i noticed less vibrations on the bike. so cutting it off was a good thing for me.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
The Two Bros bolt on required cutting of the cone. That was the only one that I was aware of, but it seems there are a few more.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
The Two Bros bolt on required cutting of the cone. That was the only one that I was aware of, but it seems there are a few more.

yeah thats the one I was thinking of but I think I've heard of a couple others, just can't remember them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good Garnib! I always liked the FMF. Nice windscreen too, suits the bike well.

thanxs bud.. not long had it so taking my times, as iv been off rd bikes for a bit!!

use to racing quads round muddy tracks.. :thumb: :evilaugh:

the dubble bubbble screen makes it much more comfortable to ride :smilierr:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts