Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 929 headers will go onto an earlier 893 Blade? Not concerned with the can placement/fitment as it will be getting chopped off anyway just if they will bolt up to the heads.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Anyone know if the 929 headers will go onto an earlier 893 Blade? Not concerned with the can placement/fitment as it will be getting chopped off anyway just if they will bolt up to the heads.
I doubt it. Different bore spacing and I think the 929/954 engine is tilted forward more.
If you're in Perth I've got two OEM headers you can try.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt it. Different bore spacing and I think the 929/954 engine is tilted forward more.
If you're in Perth I've got two OEM headers you can try.
In Brisbane mate but thanks for the offer. Any chance you could take a few measurements? ID/OD, overall width, spacing etc. If its close its nothing a little heat and an angle grinder can't solve :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
In Brisbane mate but thanks for the offer. Any chance you could take a few measurements? ID/OD, overall width, spacing etc. If its close its nothing a little heat and an angle grinder can't solve :)
You do know it's titanium?
And that it stops just below the front of the engine?
ID is 36mm, OD is 38mm.
Overall width is 244mm across the centres of the outer pipes but there is a small amount of give in them. Bore spacing is 81mm.
The angle at the face of the exhaust ports is 40 degrees from vertical.
The HTEV flange is horizontally 78mm back behind where the pipes meet the exhaust ports. And the HTEV flange is offset 18mm to the left of the centre of the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You do know it's titanium?
And that it stops just below the front of the engine?
ID is 36mm, OD is 38mm.
Overall width is 244mm across the centres of the outer pipes but there is a small amount of give in them. Bore spacing is 81mm.
The angle at the face of the exhaust ports is 40 degrees from vertical.
The HTEV flange is horizontally 78mm back behind where the pipes meet the exhaust ports. And the HTEV flange is offset 18mm to the left of the centre of the engine.
Firstly thanks for going to all that effort, much appreciated.

Yes I know it's titanium. Thats the main reason for my curiousity, would look good on my build.

Yes I'm aware its a half exhaust so to speak.

Its actually quite close to fitting going by your measurements.

Don't suppose you want to sell a set?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Firstly thanks for going to all that effort, much appreciated.

Yes I know it's titanium. Thats the main reason for my curiousity, would look good on my build.

Yes I'm aware its a half exhaust so to speak.

Its actually quite close to fitting going by your measurements.

Don't suppose you want to sell a set?
Not really :)
The fact that they're so short with that very handy flange is why I'm keeping them myself. I'm sure they'll be useful on some future project I haven't even thought of yet :)
I actually pulled them out last week to see if I can use them on one of my car engines. The only problem there is the angle but I'm not against making some angled flanges that can bolt to the engine and the header can bolt up or slip on to those. For titanium they're not especially lightweight compared to my titanium Akrapovic and Arrow race systems and even the OEM GSXR1000 titanium headers are lighter. I assume Honda probably beefed them up a bit to support the weight of the HTEV housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts