Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is a Longshot because my bike is so old and I've not been able to find info online. But I recently purchased a Yoshimura header and now looking for the midpipe and a muffler for it but have not been able to find anything.

Anyone know if a midpipe off another bike would work with the Yoshimura header? For example I was told by a friend that F4i exhaust looks very similar and I keep getting mixed results when searching for 954 on nine to 929.

Also, Any recommendations on mufflers to go with for the Yoshi Header?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a full Yoshi exhaust on mine. Before making the purchase I looked up any history on it. I couldn't really find anything. The system I have is for a 954 and it bolted up perfectly so try cross referencing both models. I doubt you'd be able to find individual Yoshi parts for these old bikes. From time to time smashed up systems pop up on ebay and it never hurts to make a lowball offer on parts that are hard for sellers to move.

If not, custom is always on option.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
maybe give yoshi a call and see if they can direct you to a possible source.

1-800-634-9166

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,154 Posts
Why do you say that Kevin?
Typical slip on (or bolt on) will only remove the muffler can. This one has the “b” or “mid pipe” attached to meet the HTEV set up. Not typical, but still could be called a slip on as the OEM header is still utilized.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Why do you say that Kevin?
well, just not typical in that it replaces the mid pipe. i had seen pipes like the devil that you cut the oem mid pipe n fit to, but i didnt even know half systems were a thing. :)

what had happened was this post sparked an ebay check for 954/929 exhaust. i ll check once in a while hoping a piece of gold will show up...

saw this and that it replaced the mid pipe and without really researching it, thought "maybe thats just how yoshi connected their full systems." posted it here. then after 5 minutes looking around realized it was just whats known as a half system. tried to delete the post. failed.

then spent 45 minutes contemplating purchasing it myself.

its a nice looking unit for a pretty good price, but i cant really afford it. im not crazy about the D&D slip-on on mine right now, but after consideration decided id probs not like the yoshi that much more if at all. it looks a lot nicer with the mid pipe, but if anything i kinda wish mine was a little louder and im sure the yosh makes quieter brappin.

now, if it were a hindle id have put it on the credit card n dealt with it. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I figure do it the way you want to the first time and end up spending less money. Half systems are nice but to me kind of a waste. I was going to pull the trigger on the hindle myself until my ebay stalking paid off. BTW you can definitely tell which parts are Yoshi. The quality is always good and they usually put their name somewhere on the parts.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Not typical, but still could be called a slip on as the OEM header is still utilized.

well, just not typical in that it replaces the mid pipe.

now, if it were a hindle id have put it on the credit card n dealt with it. :)
Oh okay. Maybe my definition of a slip-on is different than others :idunno: I refer to a bolt-on as an endcan that bolts to an OEM midpipe, and a slip-on endcan one that is installed like the one above to an aftermarket midpipe. Am I too literal or just nuts... I'm nuts, I know :smilebig:

amen on a HINDLE! love those things. :inlove:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts