Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I got my -1 front sprocket installed to day and while installing the speedo healer I put in a new air filter ( the old one deffinalty had some miles on it ).

I saw the flapper door contraption and decided it had to go. i know there are differant levels of this mod you can do. i opted to take out the whole assembly. the door and both the side peices. is there any reason to keep the side peices in there? they just channel air through the flapper device but I wonder if they should be left in because the airbox was tuned to have them?

btw i got a factory air filter and set my speedo healer to 10.5% to account the the 6.somthing from the sprocket and the factory error.

·
Registered
55 Posts
you can also wire up the mid pipe so it stays open thats if you still have the stock mid pipe I took my flapper out and pushed the cable down in the air box assembly thats it.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
yeah, take that flapper out and i would suggest, if you still have it, wiring the HTEV to "midrange postion", ie indiciator at 0 degrees (the top), you wont lose much top end, if at all, and youll have plenty of midrange and low end. Do you have a pc??

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will do. they guy is supposed to be damn good at tuning so I'm looking forward to seeing what he gets out of it. I also just replaced the air filter and spark plugs. it would have been interseting to see what the differance was just by changing those 2 items but the base line will be with all the new parts then however it gets tuned with the PC3

·
Registered
181 Posts
i done the flapper and never noticed any difference at all. so i put mine back.
no difference in perfomance was noted anywhere throughout the range.although it seems like a popular past time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts