Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm going O/S later in the year so now is as good as time as any to let her go.
2001 Tri-colour Fireblade
Only 6,000kms
Full factory warranty and rego (vic) till 11/04
Remus carbon fibre exaust
Carbon tank guard
d/b tinted race screen
Frame sliders

Never dropped, much loved, better than new
Full service history, mickey mouse with all the bits.
Not a scratch

Very regretful sale

$12,500 AUD

Pics can be seen in my gallery here @ the.org

Brenny you had some mates looking for one right?
Well tell them to stop looking you found one (should have been a used car salesman with that pitch)
Anyone else that might know someone if you could put the word out it would be much appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Admit it Will, your scared of it cause it's faster than your vespa :rotfl:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
ratter said:
Admit it Will, your scared of it cause it's faster than your vespa :rotfl:
Ohhhhhhhhhh, this man is brutal! :rotfl:

Uh, sorry Will, but ratter is a funny bloke, doncha think?

·
Registered
307 Posts
will let them know mate :D
but there is 954's going for 13K AUD in the tradingpoast so if they were going to spend 12+ they would probably get the 954...hmmmm yours is nearly new though mate..they would probably take it off ya hands for 10,500AUD...what tri colour is it?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
brennyP said:
will let them know mate :D
but there is 954's going for 13K AUD in the tradingpoast so if they were going to spend 12+ they would probably get the 954...hmmmm yours is nearly new though mate..they would probably take it off ya hands for 10,500AUD...what tri colour is it?
This is Will's bike:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Gotta agree. The 954 is running out at $14990 on road, so a 929 regardless of how close to new it is has gotta be worth around $10500 now. You gotta hate Honda when they do that. Haha

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ah no, 12,5 is about asking for a bike in my condition and with it's extras. Show me a 954 for 13,000 in decent nic!
Alot of guys asking up to 13,5 still
954 is not such a superior motorcycle at all

Brenny this thing has done less k's than your bike
10,5 turn it up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
307 Posts
yeah man its a nice bike and i hope ya get the right price for it :D but yeah what honda did with the 954 last year wouldnt help to much..bastards hey..but then again i got a new blade for 14800 ride away ;) if i was to sell my blade right now as is with carbon tank protecter, micron pipe and 6000 on the clock id only ask 13K for it. i dont think id get any more for it mate.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I agree that the 954 isn't much (or any ) better than the 929, but it's just a year model thing. 1-2 years old vs 3-4. You gotta take into account that a dealer would retail the 954 for $14990, but it would cost him around $12000. SO, that's max or close to what a 954 is worth now 2nd hand. That makes the 929 less than that again. Sad but true. But hey, if you can get more for it, good luck to ya.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Come on guys. He is trying to sell his bike here. No need to shoot him down like this.
All in all it is a very well kept bike and one of the best I have seen going around. Good luke Will

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Zop
OK Sook:
1-bought brand new first reg 11/02
2-"younger" than alot of 54's
3-Still under warranty
4-Have you actually seen the asking price on good cond 29's? Alot of guys asking up to 13,500 with much higher K's and no warranty.
5-You can't get a 54 for under 14 that hasn't been abused to shite
6-Bike is well sorted and much loved :crying:
Sorry but your "in the Biz" and therefore your opinion is tainted.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Sorry dude, I ain't tryin to stop you selling your bike for what you want. Just offering some advice on what you may sell it quicker for. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Will
I don't think anyone meant any disrespect, probably more like some friendly advice so you could move it quicker, you have to remember within a month or 2 the new cbr1000 will be out and there will be a lot of 954's hit the second hand market so 929 prices will fall even more.
You will have to decide wether you hold out for your price (which may be quite fair) and risk not getting as much later on, or dropping a little now so you don't loose as much down the track.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To be honest I thought that some of the comment were B.S
Got to understand this is my baby where talking about
I know there was no disrespect intended.
I do need to sell fairly quickly but I can't loose money on her either
I honestly believe my bike is priced quite fairly and has alot to offer a prospective buyer. This thing is very well sorted and cared for.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In this months up and coming trader magazine.

Asking $11,990

Need a quick sale as at Uni full time and just can't afford to keep her. Infact I'm going to be off two wheels for probably 2 years.
All well sometimes you have to make sacrafices.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts