Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanna know ur opinions
cause i see in the market the metal sliders or rubber plastic thing .,,.

whats better ??? whats the different if u fall on them ,.,.,.
??? any suggestions ?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
The plastic looking ones are made out of delrin and I think they're better than the metal ones. They'll slide better. I have the ones made by Intuitive on my 929.

·
Registered
347 Posts
the deal is that the frame sliders attach via the frame into the engine block. the 2 schools of thought are the delrin gives more lessening the chance of bending the frame. i own the aluminum more because i like the red anodized on my bike. in the end i think it comes down to personal choice. if your gonna race, get the delrin, because the pucks are replaceable.

is sliding more a good thing?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I spoke with a guy who works on a lot of the race bikes here in Oregon. he swears by a brand called "LSL". He claimed that alot of the others snap right off on hard impacts. He even showed me bikes that went down with the LSL sliders.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought Intuitive from Dan Kyle. I used them both(unfortunatly). I tried to order another set from his place and was told thet he didn't have them . I bought Satos. Hope I don't need them. Just got done making my bike pretty again.

·
Registered
334 Posts
FYI I have the vortex sliders, they're the 2 part system. They work, I used them this summer and no bends of any kind and the puck ground down nicely. I slapped on a puck and they look brand new again. Well worth the money.

BTW - It was a 45mph lowside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts