Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out riding, at a red light, suddenly bike didn't want to stay running. Kept rpm high and limped home. Months later I get back to it.. no prime. Everything checks out all the way to fuel pump.. power at pump, no action.

Replaced fuel pump.

Fired up.. runs great for 30 seconds, then starts hesitating. Run deteriorates over testing process.. now won't run (I think throttle coaxing will get it to run temporarily.) Fuel pump still primes, sounds like it should.. then I saw this..

Looks like I'll have to replace that line.. but is the line failing the cause of the running issues? Is something else causing the balloon? Looking for input or solutions before I turn it over to a shop.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I would change that connection , whats it like at the other banjo end onto the fuel rail
I think there was some wetness on that end too.

Would this be causing my running issue? Does the pressure have to stay super high to feed properly?

Also, is it possible for a hose shop to remake this? Or do I have to scavenge an oem part?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Your talking 50psi through the hose, so would need another, a second hand part would do , check the fuel rail is clear and any excess should be guided back to the tank via the FPR, so thats worth a check too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your talking 50psi through the hose, so would need another, a second hand part would do , check the fuel rail is clear and any excess should be guided back to the tank via the FPR, so thats worth a check too
Is there a process for checking the fuel rail and regulator?

I'll start looking for the part. Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Start with the FPR , usually its just a matter of pulling off the Vacuum hose to it and see if there's any fuel running out, but in this case you have a build up of pressure, so could be the return pipe to the tank that could be blocked and not relieving pressure in the rail , it looks like the pressure from the tank is good ( to the extent that it's expanding the hose) to check the rail you would have to relieve some of the pressure to the tank, so run through the exercise as it you were going to take the tank off, have plenty of cloths ready to catch petrol, possibly drain the tank first

1 - 6 of 6 Posts