Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Little help needed had this 2001 929 for about 8 years now bought it as a project and its been sat in bits ever since i got it.
since this whole lock down situation I've spent time in the garage rebuilding her, got her to the point where shes ready to fire up.
Here is where the problem begins, when I turn the key the fuel pump doesn't prime, I've tested the pump on the bench and it works, I'm getting 12v at the wiring loom, bike does turn over on press of button as well, could it be the diode in the ignition system stopping this ? or am I in the wrong area.
I also have no clocks so I can not see any fault codes or flashing lights not that I would know what they mean haha.
Sorry if this has already been done but i cant seem to find it and I'm getting confused now looking.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Hi have you got the Angle sensor and Clutch switch bypassed, how much in bits was it,set of clocks would be a good idea though ;)

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Good chance the Angle Sensor was lying on its side, I'd bypass that anyway and the 2 wires to the clutch , and its in neutral wouldnt bypass that though as you cant see any indications, Kill switch is another, I take it you've got a multimeter for the job

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good chance the Angle Sensor was lying on its side, I'd bypass that anyway and the 2 wires to the clutch , and its in neutral wouldnt bypass that though as you cant see any indications, Kill switch is another, I take it you've got a multimeter for the job
so to bypass am i just bridging the connectors? Ive been puling the clutch in just in case it is in gear, would any of them stop the fuel pump priming but still let the engine turn over? yea got a multimeter for testing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh start with the Angle Sensor, just undo the connector and bridge the Red/White and the Green on the Loom side, that'll be the Angle sensor bypassed(y)
tried that still nothing except the fuel cut off donsn't click at all it did click twice before

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
You can leave that bypassed if you like,have a look at the Kill switch, are you getting 12v in and out of the switch, that's on the White/Black and Black wires

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right have you tested all Fuses including the 20amp Fi fuse,
all fuses tested all ok, i have found the problem tho :) brown wire on wiring loom plug was loose tested got 12v but i got annoyed and moved plug to other side of another side of a plug and wire was hanging out thanks for the help mate appreciated im sure ill be back with other bits later on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I had then same problem on my 954, when the ignition is on you should hear the fuel pump priming. It was a faulty relay. I swapped it with one of the other relays and the problem was solved so I simply had to get a new relay. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problems matey, but as you found it yourself , I was just dead weight:giggle:
can i pick your brain again ? I've built this bike with out much help and got her running now but at idle she struggles to stay ticking over and sounds a bit rough if I'm honest so i cleared the codes and then started it again and then read the codes again and it seems to e 2 fast flashes so been searching and it seems to be MAP sensor, but I think its the vacuum pipe attached as when I lifted the air box back off it was just there no resistance to pull it off I need to check what the right hose is, I thought I figured it out being the pipe that goes to a T section that goes below the injectors by the look of it is that the right one ? also while i was there i ripped the plugs out and 1,3,4 are black sutty, so I've ordered new ones as im thinking its a mixture of both to why its running a bit rough and stalling, or have you got any suggestions ?

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
The map semsor pipe joins the Map sensor which is on the bottom right hand side of the air box just right of the AIT, the 2 pipes vacuum from Cylinders 1 and 4 join and go to the Fuel Pressure Regulator ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The map semsor pipe joins the Map sensor which is on the bottom right hand side of the air box just right of the AIT, the 2 pipes vacuum from Cylinders 1 and 4 join and go to the Fuel Pressure Regulator ;)
just cylinders 1 and 4 not all 4 ?

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
With the Fuel pressure Reg 1 and 4 ,to operate fuel flow, the Map pipes from all 4 cylinders join and enter the MAP Sensor to measure Absolute pressure (y)
Here's a picture I just took , you can see the 4way junction going in to a single
pipe below the map sensor

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With the Fuel pressure Reg 1 and 4 ,to operate fuel flow, the Map pipes from all 4 cylinders join and enter the MAP Sensor to measure Absolute pressure (y)
Here's a picture I just took , you can see the 4way junction going in to a single View attachment 107664 pipe below the map sensor
yea thought it was that one thanks will see if i can get it to stay attached this time then :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts