Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the site, but hopefully someone can help! I've just rebuilt my engine after a spark plug blew out of the cylinder head - lots of effort for a £1 helicoil... everythings back together, but the fuel pump will not prime - if I connect it directly to the battery for a few seconds it whirs away merrily and the engine will start (briefly). the bike has a Datatool Vito Evo alarm & power commander III fitted, but I have disconnected both of these, so reasonably happy it nothing to do with them.
Looking at other sites a similar problem was caused by a faulty zener diode in the ignition system??
has anyone had a similar experience (& if it is a diode - where is it & how do I replace it???)
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi I'm new to the site, but hopefully someone can help! I've just rebuilt my engine after a spark plug blew out of the cylinder head - lots of effort for a £1 helicoil... everythings back together, but the fuel pump will not prime - if I connect it directly to the battery for a few seconds it whirs away merrily and the engine will start (briefly). the bike has a Datatool Vito Evo alarm & power commander III fitted, but I have disconnected both of these, so reasonably happy it nothing to do with them.
Looking at other sites a similar problem was caused by a faulty zener diode in the ignition system??
has anyone had a similar experience (& if it is a diode - where is it & how do I replace it???)
Thanks
Is the HISS sensor connected?
When you say the pump "whirrs away merrily", you mean just for a few seconds right? It should stop as soon as the fuel rail is pressurised.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it seems to keep going as long as i have the battery connected to it - although i didn't have it connected for long as i was concerned i may be damaging something! Not sure what (or where) the HISS sensor is??

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
No it seems to keep going as long as i have the battery connected to it - although i didn't have it connected for long as i was concerned i may be damaging something! Not sure what (or where) the HISS sensor is??

If it keeps running then you need to pull the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator and ensure no fuel is coming through. It should be dry.
The HISS sensor is the collar around the ignition with HISS printed on it. Without it the ECU won't get the signal from the chip in the key.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - HISS all connected. If I am running it directly of the battery will it still know it's at pressure and stop?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks - HISS all connected. If I am running it directly of the battery will it still know it's at pressure and stop?

It should do but it only takes a few seconds to pull the vacuum line and check it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice - can't try it until tomorrow - but will let you know how I get on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts