Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Cbr 929. The shop I've it in says there is a screw missing out of the top of the fuel pump(inside the tank) that is spitting out fuel. My questions: is there a screw like that and if so would it cause the bike to not run properly in quick throttle?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
2001 Cbr 929. The shop I've it in says there is a screw missing out of the top of the fuel pump(inside the tank) that is spitting out fuel. My questions: is there a screw like that and if so would it cause the bike to not run properly in quick throttle?

Not that I've seen. If this screw came loose then it would still be inside the tank.
How are they suggesting you fix it?
Considering the bike needs 50psi fuel pressure to run I would think it wouldn't run at all if that were the case.
Has the fuel pressure regulator been tested already?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pressure regulator I replaced new a couple months ago he said the screw is on top of the pump(electronic screw he says) I just don't know much about efi systems. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The pressure regulator I replaced new a couple months ago he said the screw is on top of the pump(electronic screw he says) I just don't know much about efi systems. Thanks

The only screw I can see in there that would affect the running of the pump is the ground screw. Without it though I doubt the pump would run at all.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts