Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a few days ago my 929 started acting up out of no where... going in like 3rd gear and just accelerating like normal get up to like 5-6 grand and it bogs out and just shuts off... so i wasn't sure what it was and i attempted to start it again and no dice... so hit the kill switch and then turned to run and let the fuel pump primer up... started right up... drove for a short distance then died again... then primed the fuel pump again and started and drove than finally got it back to my house after doin this about 5 or 6 times... i was thinkin maybe something was in my tank and is blockin up the fuel pump or perhaps a relay? i need help from anyone who can steer me the right way!!! any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
If the pump wasn't running right it would be unlikely to run at all - you might get away with this with carbs but high pressure fuek injection - v. unlikely IMHO. I would think more lightly to be an eletrical problem (fuel pump relay cutting out) but don't know the system well enough - yet! Does the fuel injection lamp flash at you, denoting a problem?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not flashes or what not... have it at the shop at the minute cause it had me stumped... will let ya know how it turns out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts