Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a little help with this? I have removed the bolts by the triples and the seat. When I lift the tank up it looks like I need to remove the vent and the over flow hoses. Do I just disconnect at the banjo bolt that is going into the fuel pump and the lift the tank off? I found a radiator hose that has a crack in it and of course it has to be the most difficult one that connects underneath the tank behind the motor. I've never taken the tank off before and usually like to see soemone do it before I attempt it. Thanks guys and I know, I should buy a service manual :)

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I've never taken mine completely off, but I do know (and you may already know this) that you'll need to completely drain it. There are unfortunately no shut off valves and it's not vacuum. If you pull the lines you'll have gas everywhere.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never taken mine completely off, but I do know (and you may already know this) that you'll need to completely drain it. There are unfortunately no shut off valves and it's not vacuum. If you pull the lines you'll have gas everywhere.
I drain it everytime I come home from the track. I had a gas leak through a carbon tank on my Ducati, since my water heater is in the garage, I was lucky my house didn't go up in smoke :eek:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yep yep. Drain it and then un-bolt the banjo bolt.

Words of warning:
keep a margarine container (or something) to catch the remaining fule when you disconnect the banjo bolt.
Remember which way the hose was pointing so you don't connect it upsidedown or backwards.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep yep. Drain it and then un-bolt the banjo bolt.

Words of warning:
keep a margarine container (or something) to catch the remaining fule when you disconnect the banjo bolt.
Remember which way the hose was pointing so you don't connect it upsidedown or backwards.
Thanks. I actually was able to replace the hose w/o having to remove the tank, what a pain in the ass though. My hands are cleaved and hurting today :crap:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I drain it everytime I come home from the track. I had a gas leak through a carbon tank on my Ducati, since my water heater is in the garage, I was lucky my house didn't go up in smoke :eek:
Yikes! That's a lot of work. I'm glad I haven't had to drain my tanks all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts