Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry to go on about the h-vix again but was hoping someone could help as iv pinned the vale open to the 180* but iv a loss of power in the mid range ,, was thinking to turn the valve to 0* as the valve operates at 0* after 3000 revs ,, so in sort move it to the 12 o clock ,,,,,,,

·
Registered
900 Posts
Just take it out all together....mine came out 6months ago, only difference is you cant just leave her in a high gear and bang the throttle open, you use the gears and revs just like in the old days, only takes a little to get used to, and i have more grunt out of the corners.:thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
sorry to go on about the h-vix again but was hoping someone could help as iv pinned the vale open to the 180* but iv a loss of power in the mid range ,, was thinking to turn the valve to 0* as the valve operates at 0* after 3000 revs ,, so in sort move it to the 12 o clock ,,,,,,,
On a 929cc engine the loss of midrange is hardly significant for road use - it still has more than enough go for normal riding. You have removed the airbox flapper?
Try all three positions and decide which suits you better for most of your riding. If you want the midrange (4-8000RPM) set it to the 3000-8000RPM position.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Bladerader, my friend. Could you try to enlighten me on these two mods. Threw a full pipe on my bike and was not happy with the loss of mid range. Picked up a bolt on and have the mid back but I have done nothing to the airbox. I take it you remove the flapper and plug the pivot holes? and if so, is there a lot of air noise?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Bladerader, my friend. Could you try to enlighten me on these two mods. Threw a full pipe on my bike and was not happy with the loss of mid range. Picked up a bolt on and have the mid back but I have done nothing to the airbox. I take it you remove the flapper and plug the pivot holes? and if so, is there a lot of air noise?
The flapper opens at 8000RPM. If you don't have it connected then you need to remove it or the engine will starve due to the restriction.
The only hole that needs plugging is the hole where the cable enters the airbox and you can simply thread a bolt into there.
I can't say I've noticed any increased induction noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
set it to the 12 oclock so i get from 3000 up to 8000 revs , but as iv only pined it the iv a noise in this position as there is slight movement in the valve as it can go past the 12 o clock , if you know what i mean ,,,, flapper as been removed ,,,, would it be better to spot weld it in place , thanks for the infor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts