Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm peicing this wrecked 929 together, and I got a headlight in today. I don't have the upper fairing yet though. When looking at the front fairing stay, I see the two rubber grommets where the back of the headlight slides in, but the four screw on the back of the headlight don't come in contact with that stay. Do the four screws mount onto the upper fairing?

I've tried looking through the microfiche but the headlight diagram and upper fairing diagram are seperate, and I can't figure out where it mounts. I'm guessing I'll just have to wait until I get the upper to mount the headlight? So much for the temporary streetfighter

·
Registered
276 Posts
yes the two nubs on the light go threw the two rubber grommets and there is a bolt that goes threw the fairing (upper cowl) in to the middleof the stay . as for the other four holes screws go thew them in to the upper cowl like this

·
Registered
276 Posts
i rode mine street fighter style but you have to secure the head light to the stay i. i used some fishing line threw the fours holes back threw the stay with a little rubber tubing so the stay didn't cut it , at least i could ride!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thanks so much for the detailed explanation and pics.

Man I really need to get a factory service manual...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rigger : yes the two nubs on the light go threw the two rubber grommets and there is a bolt that goes threw the fairing (upper cowl) in to the middleof the stay . as for the other four holes screws go thew them in to the upper cowl like this
I'm missing this screw, is there a nutsert or sumpin that slides into the groove on top of the headlight assembly that grips this screw? I can't seem to find a part number for it?

TIA

·
Registered
276 Posts
Joachim2311 : I'm missing this screw, is there a nutsert or sumpin that slides into the groove on top of the headlight assembly that grips this screw?  I can't seem to find a part number for it?

TIA
yup exactly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts