Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been dealt with before.

My UK 01 plate 929 was fitted with replacement indicators when
I bought it. I don’t have the originals.

There's a huge delay between me turning them
on and them starting to flash.

Anyone any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, my bike started to do the same thing. I changed the relay first but it made no difference. It was actually the left hand switch gear that was knackered. I got a second hand switch gear off eBay and that fixed it. It might be worth spraying some wd40 into the indicator switch and see if it improves.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had the same issue, I sprayed my switch out with Brake parts cleaner, and used some dielectric grease to lube everything up. It's smooth as butter now. I ended up doing the other side too (Start button and kill/run switch).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Changed the rear indicators, and it is a lot better. Am gonna change the front ones, to hopefully improve it further. Badly fitted replacements I think are at least partially to blame.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a little update to this thread, took the left hand switchgear apart yesterday, nothing dirty etc. looking about it inside. Just two philips head screws holding it onto the bars. Had a good look at it, removed all the old lube/grease, wiped it off with a cloth, some wd40, put it back together. Indicators come on immediately now. However, I think that there is some fatigue in the switch, where a ball bearing pushes the actual turn switch back, as it won't re-centre etc. when turned to the right now, has to be done manually. Still works okay to the left. It is nice just to have indicators that work immediately, I can live with it, hoping it will loosen up eventually. Definitely worth doing this if your indicators are playing up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts