Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping through a catolog the other day and ran across a few things from Factory Pro. The first thing I found was an ignition advancer has anyone ever used one? Will the fuel injection system not correct for proper ignition timing regardless of this? Next, I saw some shift kits from the same manufacturer Factory Pro. They have two kits available, that I saw, one of them appears to be a detent arm and spring the other includes a new star. Once again, has anyone ever used either of these kits? Do they improve shifting as advertised? Factory Pro has been around as long as I can remeber, but the only things I have ever used is there jet kits which are good but they are only jets nothing too hard to screw up.

·
Registered
685 Posts
i was thinking of getting the ignition advancer ,but the motor runs hotter when the ignition is advanced,and since it's get's hot as sh*t here in Fl, and these bikes already run to hot as it is with no mods.That shift kit is supposed to be the tits though :boobs:

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi have fitted shift kit in my 929,detent arm and spring version and seems to be working ok.upshifts without using clutch much better,downshift with clutch not much difference.have also got ignition advancer fitted with power commander and arrow full race system and bike runs fine,but then again temperature in good old england not as hot as yours

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Just get a PCIIIr and a custom tune for it. The r part of the PCIII is an ignition adjustment. No need for a hard part.
If you are not willing to do that, the advancer will be of no use to you anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts