Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if my 929 speedo which currently reads in KPH can be changed to MPH?
I have tried various button pushing combinations without success.
Do I have to send it off to some bloke on ebay to rip me off for £100 or is it just a case of knowing the sequence of button pressing?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yes, myself as well. But could someone install a "Speedo Healer" and not only correct do to sprocket changes but also change KPH to MPH if neccesary?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yes, myself as well. But could someone install a "Speedo Healer" and not only correct do to sprocket changes but also change KPH to MPH if neccesary?

Sure, all the SH does is add or subtract a percentage to the output shaft revolutions it's counting - it doesn't know if you're measuring speed in meters per second, or Mach numbers.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Depends on the speedo. I've seen US bikes that will convert to KPH, yet Canadian models that won't convert to MPH when asked.

A speedohealer will be able to correct for inaccuracies as well as do a conversion, although the units on the speedo will still show the original units, which means the odometer will too.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Depends on the speedo. I've seen US bikes that will convert to KPH, yet Canadian models that won't convert to MPH when asked.

A speedohealer will be able to correct for inaccuracies as well as do a conversion, although the units on the speedo will still show the original units, which means the odometer will too.

Yep, the European 929 Owner's Manual says that only "E" market bikes allow this, "E" being UK. Whether it includes the "ED" or non-UK/FR/DE markets I can't say.

Speedohealers _do not_ correct speedo inaccuracy, they only change the percentage, but since the percentage of error is directly related to traction and drag they can't allow for different speeds, particularly high speeds where drag plays a huge role in your level of traction or tyre slip.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Speedohealers _do not_ correct speedo inaccuracy, they only change the percentage, but since the percentage of error is directly related to traction and drag they can't allow for different speeds, particularly high speeds where drag plays a huge role in your level of traction or tyre slip.
It does allow you to get the reading a hell of a lot closer than stock though, and that's my point. Guess I wasn't specific enough :idunno:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It does allow you to get the reading a hell of a lot closer than stock though, and that's my point. Guess I wasn't specific enough :idunno:

It can do that :)
It just annoys me to see these things promoted for _accuracy_ that they don't do.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Sure, all the SH does is add or subtract a percentage to the output shaft revolutions it's counting - it doesn't know if you're measuring speed in meters per second, or Mach numbers.
Just had mine up to mach 0.1971 the other day :D, that's 2.2367e-7 c (light speed)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It appears that my thread has been hyjacked!
Can anyone please tell me how to get my KPH 929 speedo to show MPH?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It appears that my thread has been hyjacked!
Can anyone please tell me how to get my KPH 929 speedo to show MPH?

You tried pressing the button mentioned and it didn't work?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes i've tried various combinations of button pressing with no luck.
Of course my 929 speedo is a different unit to the 954 model.
Has anyone had first hand experience with a 929?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yes i've tried various combinations of button pressing with no luck.
Of course my 929 speedo is a different unit to the 954 model.
Has anyone had first hand experience with a 929?

But your bike is a UK Market bike?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To be honest this speedo came off FleeBay and I don't know the history of it.
It works perfectly but shows KPH

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
To be honest this speedo came off FleeBay and I don't know the history of it.
It works perfectly but shows KPH

In that case, if the button doesn't work I would assume it doesn't have the option of MPH.
Does it have any part numbers or stickers that might indicate which market it's from? Does it have the HISS light?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts