Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my stator last week and realized the dowel pin was missing... Will this create any trouble not have the dowel pin? will this create an oil leak?

·
Registered
37 Posts
it could create a leak but i would be more worried that the cover doesn't move i bit and start to rub, the doel helps put it in place with the doel of the starter,, if you cant get one when you tighten down the 8mm bolts make sure the cover is one 100% straight the magnet can pull it over a bit

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seemed to go on straight and seems to have remained straight... Other then keeping it straight (the purpose of a reg. dowel pin) is there any other function for this pin.......

Also wouldnt all the bolts keep the cover straight...?

·
Registered
434 Posts
It seemed to go on straight and seems to have remained straight... Other then keeping it straight (the purpose of a reg. dowel pin) is there any other function for this pin.......

Also wouldnt all the bolts keep the cover straight...?
The bolts are not a precise fit the dowel pin is. I would order the pin from Ron Ayers or your local dealer. It is a cheap part. Or you can leave it out and take a chance that the cover movers and destroys your stator and possibly the engine. Its your call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts