Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright before I start I want to say I searched this whole site for my problem and have not found a solution to my problem yet. I own a small shop in CO and this is my problem...

2001 929RR
No start, no fuel pump, no spark....

I have ran every check in the service manual and have not found the problem. All relays work, tilt switch is fine, kick stand switch is fine, neutral switch is fine, kill switch is on, ECM is good, checked for loose connection on ignition switch, nothing. Cam signal is good, ignition signal is good. I have chased wires, replaced parts etc etc. found nothing

This is a customers stunt bike and it just died out and would not start again. I am pulling my hair out on this, I thank anyone that is willing to help me figure this out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after a week I just figured it out. I guess there is a micro switch inside the stock ignition, I swapped out the switch with a 954 one, and walla!!! I guess the bike didnt want to start untill I made a post lol, thanks anyways guys.:patriot:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Well after a week I just figured it out. I guess there is a micro switch inside the stock ignition, I swapped out the switch with a 954 one, and walla!!! I guess the bike didnt want to start untill I made a post lol, thanks anyways guys.:patriot:
Hmmm, what the heck is the micro switch doing? Overload protection? Any ideas? How did you find this out?

·
Banned
163 Posts
He must be talking about the start button itself. I had this same problem with my 929. One of the wires in the switch sheared off. Sodered it back on and WaLa. Or mabe not.

·
Registered
335 Posts
that nicreo switch is located at the bottom of the ignition switch, (black case) and is there with one mission: blow up if someone is trying to hotwire the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts